Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Engine stalling and then low oil pressure warning?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 10:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Engine stalling and then low oil pressure warning?

I was driving home from work today and as I'm pulling into my neighborhood I stop at a stop sign and as I lightly accelerate to make a left turn my engine shuts off and then a low oil pressure light comes on. Stopped mid turn I turn the key off and then back on. She starts right up and then I carefully drive the last minute of my drive without issue. I pop the hood check for oil leaks and oil levels and all is good. I have a 2013 5.0 with 74k miles. I've never had an issue like this before and was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience? Freaked out that it would happen again on my drive to work tomorrow I take her out on a back road and give her hell. Sort of like a stress test... All is good so far and I haven't had a repeat. Any ideas? I looked over the prior treads and see that it has happened to others in icy conditions. This was a dry 80 degree day.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:24 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Arrow

Your low oil pressure warning light consternation is of no concern since it is the result of the engine not running and therefore not producing any oil pressure.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you have this problem anymore? I'm having the same problem within a couple of days of the dealership changing my oil. Mechanic changed the Sending Unit and it still stalled on the way home.
Old 06-19-2019, 03:47 PM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Check fuse 27. This is the fuel pump fuse. They can melt causing the issues you are having.
Old 08-27-2019, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same proble 2 days ago. My mechanic said my fuel pump had a short it and no gas was getting to the engine. I’m picking it up tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Engine stalling and then low oil pressure warning?