Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Engine shudder… What is the latest TSB?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 02:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Engine shudder… What is the latest TSB?

What is the latest TSB for the eco-boost intercooler. I have a 13' that did the shudder thing about 3 weeks ago. The CEL flashed on and off a few times. Today it came on and is still on.

The only reason I'm asking is because the last time I took it in for the shudder, the dealer said they did not find any codes and sent me on my way. I know there was a new TSB at that time as well but they did nothing about it.

I would like to show them that I know about the TSB in hopes of them doing something about it. Thanks.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:56 PM

Received 189 Likes on 119 Posts

I would be looking into the condition of your spark plugs before anything else and upgrade to the new part number if needed.

The solution to the shudder is not to drive at a constant speed in the rain for long periods of time. You need to mix up the speeds and boost levels to keep the condensation from forming on the CAC fins.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:55 PM

Received 177 Likes on 120 Posts

One other thing that may help when the CEL is on is to run a Vehicle Health Report. That will capture the code and your dealer should be able to diagnose from that code.

Helped me nail an intermittent airbag light on my Taurus.
The following users liked this post:
El Bombero (07-09-2014)
Old 07-09-2014, 05:14 PM

Thanks. I ran the health report and took the truck in. Hope the problem gets resolved.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:49 AM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by El Bombero
Thanks. I ran the health report and took the truck in. Hope the problem gets resolved.
Let us know what you hear from the dealership, El Bombero. How many miles do you have on your truck?

Crystal
Old 07-18-2014, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by FordService
Let us know what you hear from the dealership, El Bombero. How many miles do you have on your truck?

Crystal
Crystal, sorry it took me so long to get back to you as I've been out of town and unable to get to my computer. There are about 22,500 miles on truck. I called the dealership today and they said the catalytic converter is getting replaced. Thats all I know right now. Ill be back in town this evening and hopefully get some answers then if not tomorrow.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:22 AM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Crystal, sorry it took me so long to get back to you as I've been out of town and unable to get to my computer. There are about 22,500 miles on truck. I called the dealership today and they said the catalytic converter is getting replaced. Thats all I know right now. Ill be back in town this evening and hopefully get some answers then if not tomorrow.
Sounds like things are heading in the right direction, El Bombero. Thanks for the update!

Crystal
Old 07-18-2014, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone explain how changing the cat will fix an intermittent shudder? Genuinely would like to know, not saying that they are wrong or questioning the dealers decision.
Thanks in advance.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:48 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

What is the latest TSB for the eco-boost intercooler. I have a 13' that did the shudder thing about 3 weeks ago. The CEL flashed on and off a few times. Today it came on and is still on.

The only reason I'm asking is because the last time I took it in for the shudder, the dealer said they did not find any codes and sent me on my way. I know there was a new TSB at that time as well but they did nothing about it.

I would like to show them that I know about the TSB in hopes of them doing something about it. Thanks.

I don't know for sure but I am fixin to find out, my truck will be in the dealership Monday morning for the condensation shutter issue. As snobbds mentioned I drove at at constant speed for a very long time in storms. We will see.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:34 PM
F150 Forum

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

This fixes the shudder/misfire...right from a Major Ford dealer:

Name:  RhinelandreccomendationonRXcan_zps5d40da1d.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  110.2 KB

This is Rhineland Ford in Manitoba. Also several dealers across the country that know how to fix it all once and for all eliminating all the issues related to this. Do it right and never worry again.

Quick Reply: Engine shudder… What is the latest TSB?