Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Ecoboost ported exhaust manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 09:21 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Ecoboost ported exhaust manifolds

So I ordered a set from Tasca Parts to get ported. I know Full-Race was/is working on getting a porting program set up. Well I am going to chase this down locally when I get the extra manifolds in. I am not sure that I can get a CNC program setup locally as all the machine shops in South Louisiana are always busy with oilfield equipment. I do have a couple really good friends that own machine shops and will see if I can work something out to get them ported, probably with a vertical cnc mill but may have to be a manual. Good thing they work after hours for beer as that makes machine time a lot cheaper.

I am gathering info to see about how big you can go without causing any cracking problems later. Trying to order 2 turbo exhaust housings also to port match them but they are harder to find. I also do not plan on spending $600 on two new turbos to try yet but may order 2 - 2013 turbos in the future to try.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:24 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Subbed! :-)

And I thought you said on S197 it would stay stock.....lol
Old 08-12-2013, 09:37 PM
F150 Forum

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

We're planning on casting new stainless manifolds early next year. Not only does the exit suck, but the runners suck too. The hardest thing will be the gasket...if my memory serves me correct it is close to being matched already.

Last edited by Mat@Morkindesign.com; 08-12-2013 at 09:43 PM. Reason: more info
Old 08-12-2013, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Franchi Motorsports
Subbed! :-)

And I thought you said on S197 it would stay stock.....lol

haha, I can never leave well enough alone. As long as I can still tow my tractor and other stuff then I feel it will still be stock......I am getting bored again waiting on car to be done, so I am focusing on stuff that I can do. Well that is to my truck unortunately as car stuff is over my head. That and wife shut me down at a tune on the Explorer Sport, so I will have to wait to mess with that, maybe when she is occupied with the baby that is a couple weeks out.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mat@Morkindesign.com
We're planning on casting new stainless manifolds early next year. Not only does the exit suck, but the runners suck too. The hardest thing will be the gasket...if my memory serves me correct it is close to being matched already.

That's good to know. I will try this as I can do it rather quickly. As for as gaskets go, I can order stainless stock and know a couple people with jet cutters to match them perfectly. I ordered new ones as templates just incase they were to small and will have a good starting template. Only thing I worry about is not being able to match exhaust houisings. I don't want to spend the money on two new turbos to get the housings ported but may end up ordering the 2013 turbos if I do.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Rasslin

Received 125 Likes on 74 Posts

Just FYI ATP turbo says they're coming out with a turbo kit as well, they'll probably have to do a manifold change out as well along with a GTX turbo. I'm guessing on all that though so don't take my word for it.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:00 PM

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by mtxpert
Just FYI ATP turbo says they're coming out with a turbo kit as well, they'll probably have to do a manifold change out as well along with a GTX turbo. I'm guessing on all that though so don't take my word for it.
hopefully their stuff is better on the ecoboost than on the vw/audi stuff... bc boy it leaves something to be desired and semi pita to install on vag cars.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:14 PM
Rasslin

Received 125 Likes on 74 Posts

I was the second bt ms6 with their kit, everything worked great and many others have installed it with success as well. I only know what I've used personally was good stuff.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:21 PM

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by mtxpert
I was the second bt ms6 with their kit, everything worked great and many others have installed it with success as well. I only know what I've used personally was good stuff.
thats good to hear. yea the vag cars with the 1.8t have issues with access to bolts with the way the runners are and most of the kits are difficult but the ATP manis seemed to be some of hte most over there. was easier if you pulled the motor and bent a wrench.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:41 PM
Ford at heart

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Remember exhaust gas velocities have a huge effect on turbo drive pressure.

fwiw....

Quick Reply: Ecoboost ported exhaust manifolds