Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

EcoBoost 500rwtq on 93

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 10:51 AM
I Can't Think Of One

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Default EcoBoost 500rwtq on 93

Bear with me here, I wasn’t part of the development program for this stuff so I’m not fully informed. I was going out of town for a few weeks so my tuner asked me if he could use my truck to test/prototype this stuff while I was gone. I dropped it off, went out of town, came back, and picked it up. I missed all the fun.

This is what is on the truck right now:

-Paul’s High Performance (PHP) High Flow Charge Air Cooler Pipe. This is the tube/pipe that goes between the intercooler and the throttle body.

-PHP 75mm Taper Bore Throttle Body

-SCT tuner with PHP only tunes. If I understand it correctly they worked with SCT to get tuners with a little more flexibility so the tuner and tunes are a PHP only item.

-It also has a Magnaflow single outlet cat back system on it.

The fuel system is at just above 80% right now. Yes it could be pushed a little harder but my tuner likes to keep things safe so until there is a better fuel solution he is not going for more power.

*****I just got a better looking version of the graph. Its been updated******
The graph is of the truck re-base lined (for the second round of tuning) vs. everything on the list above.

The truck runs like a BEAST! Tows like a monster! Drivability is just like stock, and man it moves. I’m looking forward to running it down the strip a few times and see what it will post. Maybe next Wednesday.

Pics to follow……

Last edited by sqidd; 09-13-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats awesome!! I bet that thing does run like a beast!!
Old 09-13-2012, 11:04 AM

Received 196 Likes on 140 Posts

All these tunes coming out is making it awfully hard for me to hold off until my issues are resolved and the warranty is up. I think if they got my issues worked out I would do it before warranty was up, sooo hard to wait right now.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Promoted to Elitist Prick

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Can you get me some phone numbers and or websites that I can use to get in contact with this guy. I want to do this to my truck when I get it. What did it cost to do this?

Last edited by wasinger3000; 09-13-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:22 AM
I Can't Think Of One

The Truck

Old 09-13-2012, 11:40 AM
I Can't Think Of One

Originally Posted by wasinger3000
Can you get me some phone numbers and or websites that I can use to get in contact with this guy. I want to do this to my truck when I get it. What did it cost to do this?
Paul's High Performance

517-764-7661

Ask for Jeff

I have no idea how much this stuff is. It was "gifted" to me because they used my truck for testing. Jeff can get you taken care of.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:53 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Awesome! I'm loving the development of all things ecoboost. Someones scrubbin 12s before the end of the year.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Promoted to Elitist Prick

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by sqidd

Paul's High Performance

517-764-7661

Ask for Jeff

I have no idea how much this stuff is. It was "gifted" to me because they used my truck for testing. Jeff can get you taken care of.
Lucky. So how's traction in 2wd? Can you drive this aggressively without to much wheel spin in 2wd? I'd rather not have to put it in 4wd to pass someone. Also when can you get us a few specs on how much boost your pushing? Maybe even a video of the truck doing some speed tests? Any check engine lights, ruff idle, drivability issues? Sorry for all the questions but if I'm going to buy a Eco it needs to have more power than my car hah. Maybe I'll talk my fiancé into doing this to her Eco first.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:19 PM
I Can't Think Of One

Originally Posted by wasinger3000
Lucky. So how's traction in 2wd? Can you drive this aggressively without to much wheel spin in 2wd? I'd rather not have to put it in 4wd to pass someone.
I drive like an old lady 99.9% of the time (My Mustangs are for going bonkers) so traction hasn’t been an issue. My tires are just over 12” wide too so that helps. I’ve lit them up before lets say pulling out into traffic but the traction control kicks in and spoils the party. I don’t have a real good answer for this, I simply haven’t driven it that hard. I think the best way to sum it up is that it doesn’t have a tire spinning problem, but if you wanted to you could shut the traction control off and grenade the tires if you wanted too.

Also when can you get us a few specs on how much boost your pushing?
It's on the graph above. Looks like it spiked at 18.99 but the graph is so crummy looking its hard to tell what it averages. Looks like 18ish.

Maybe even a video of the truck doing some speed tests?
Yeah, in my spare time! LOL!

Any check engine lights
Nope
ruff idle
Nope, idles perfectly.

drivability issues?
Perfect. If you keep your foot out of it you would never know its not stock.

Sorry for all the questions but if I'm going to buy a Eco it needs to have more power than my car hah. Maybe I'll talk my fiancé into doing this to her Eco first.
No problem
Old 09-13-2012, 12:40 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Was the dyno done with the larger tires? If so, WOW.

Quick Reply: EcoBoost 500rwtq on 93