Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

EB Horsepower with BIGGER turbos!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 02:42 AM

Received 36 Likes on 15 Posts
Default EB Horsepower with BIGGER turbos!!!

There's another thread on here with where someone was talking about power without them and the thread didn't take off besides some bickering so I thought I'd rile everybody up and get some talk going...
When is Hennesey or somebody else going to do this? People keep worrying about this thing blowing up like they are driving a factory built pineapple grenade! How long is it going to be before some big money race team just gets one to blow up just to see what it's capable of and starts tuning around that? You gotta blow it up to find what's actually the weak link right? Let's do this!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

U don't have to blow it up u risk putting a hole in the block that way if I had the money to blow I would stroke it out to a 3.8 do low compression pistons and rods upgraded cams and u should then be set for bigger turbos aside from common sense stuff like fuel management and tuning but hey u brought it up u do it lol anything can be done if u got $$$ lol
Old 01-05-2012, 05:38 AM

Lol! I'm just dreaming. I'll do typical bolt ons for now but once I pay it off I will have some fun with it. Would be nice to know of what the safe limits are on the motor or even what it's unreliably capable of.
This is a new motor, new territory. It's my favorite motor I've ever owned in anything and I'm just overly excited about the whole thing. My girlfriend gets on to me because I let her pick the silver color and the platinum model as long as I got the ecoboost and 4x4. She thought that was great because I wanted the one with better advertised mpg than the V8 (she didn't know it was that torque curve and don't know it's on smootheness that sold me on it) but I guess after the vette and motorcycles she didn't realize what a gearhead i am. She laughs all the time and tells me I am obsessed with my truck... Im proud to say I am
Old 01-05-2012, 06:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yah in a couple years I'm gonna attempt to swap in a mustang 6spd manual tranny see how that works out and yah my wife knows I'm a gearhead and hates it she thinks I love cars more than her (sometimes it's true haha) but I may have her convinced to let me go get a turbo genesis lol although I may wait to see what the new Subaru brz or scion frs has to offer
Old 01-05-2012, 08:42 AM

Received 179 Likes on 143 Posts

Until someone can do a better job tuning we won't see a heavily modded EB. Throw all the fuel and air you want at it and get nothing but a laggy smoky turd. I could see 10-15k for big turbo built EB pushing 600-700whp. If a stock internal s2000 can do it, why not an EB.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:55 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Ken block is tearing it up in a 2.0 liter ecoboost so I know its just a matter of time. I know its a race motor but it still technology that wilk leak down.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:09 AM
bad_chad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I have a 5.0L in my truck (similar hp and torque is close) and i love it. who would have thought these trucks would just flat out get it like they do? I totally get where you all are coming from. had i not bought one i would think you guys were idiots talking about modding your trucks like we do, I mean they are huge heavy trucks! but after you drive one it totally changes everything and you just want to make these hot rods even faster. Ford really hit a home run with these trucks. Leaving Chevy and Dodge way behind. They have a lot of catching up to do if they want to stay competitive with Ford. I hate to brag but neither of them even make a diesel! Ford just out engineers them every stinking year. ok ok i am getting of my soup box but just gotta say Ford did a great job with these new trucks!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Official Member: Vast RWC

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Buellracer
.... You gotta blow it up to find what's actually the weak link right? Let's do this!

Lets start with yours! I have a pair of holsets sitting on my shelf we can make hang off your manifolds.... should be a good time for about 5 minutes or so!

J/K.... it will happen.......... give it time... the longblock is VERY strong and it will be quite a while before we find its true limits.... this, of course, doesnt count the idiot tuner that will get his hands on one and melt pistons due to a poor tune.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:09 PM

I couldnt agree more with y'all more and it's nice to know I'm not the only one this excited about our trucks! I think ford should buy out BMF wheels just to slap it on the side of our trucks "BMF-150"
By the way I have a wallet that I got for a best man gift that's the BMF wallet from pulp fiction lol! Off topic I know but it would be some awesome marketing for ford
Old 01-05-2012, 04:23 PM
bad_chad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats what i am talking about!!! Excited doesn't even say it! You want to see some great marketing youtube (banned ford commercial) its an old one but its hilarious!

Quick Reply: EB Horsepower with BIGGER turbos!!!