Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Dealership cannot find TSB, so they ask me!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Opinionated Blowhard

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts

Default Dealership cannot find TSB, so they ask me!

So, I took my truck in to have TSB 13-3-3 performed. Long story short, it swallowed some water at the beginning of a 6,000 mile trip while driving in high humidity/rain. A dealer saw it in Columbia, MO and fixed a cylinder five misfire by replacing the plug and coil pack.

So, took the truck in today. Service guy is nice and gets me a rental. He asked about the work, and I explained to him what happened and what was being done. About a half hour later as I'm driving home I get a call. It's the service manager ASKING ME what TSB the repair was under! Good God! I didn't have it with me so I pulled into a parking lot and told him I would call back. I used my phone to Google the TSBs for 2011 F150s. I found the number in about two minutes and called him back. He said thanks and hung up.

Now, I have heard the horror stories about dealerships. And so far, mine has been good to me. They even comped me a service with new air filter when I complained about the radio repair. But getting a call for me to provide information that they should have in their computer?
Old 07-02-2013, 12:23 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenferg1
So, I took my truck in to have TSB 13-3-3 performed. Long story short, it swallowed some water at the beginning of a 6,000 mile trip while driving in high humidity/rain. A dealer saw it in Columbia, MO and fixed a cylinder five misfire by replacing the plug and coil pack.

So, took the truck in today. Service guy is nice and gets me a rental. He asked about the work, and I explained to him what happened and what was being done. About a half hour later as I'm driving home I get a call. It's the service manager ASKING ME what TSB the repair was under! Good God! I didn't have it with me so I pulled into a parking lot and told him I would call back. I used my phone to Google the TSBs for 2011 F150s. I found the number in about two minutes and called him back. He said thanks and hung up.

Now, I have heard the horror stories about dealerships. And so far, mine has been good to me. They even comped me a service with new air filter when I complained about the radio repair. But getting a call for me to provide information that they should have in their computer?
i would find a new dealer for sure, if they cant find a TSB which is rather easy then i would find somewhere else to go.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Opinionated Blowhard

Got the phone call. The CAC is replaced! Can't wait to see how this new fix works out. Hopefully no impact on power or mileage.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I had to email the dealer for my dad. They keep telling him it is on back order.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:11 PM
Opinionated Blowhard

Default Update

Originally Posted by Kenferg1
Got the phone call. The CAC is replaced! Can't wait to see how this new fix works out. Hopefully no impact on power or mileage.
So far I have not noticed a power drop. My butt dyno doesn't work very well so I didn't expect to really be able to tell. Gas mileage has not suffered. Currently getting 19 mpg in local driving. I get to pull my trailer on a small trip Monday. So I hope to be able to notice any differences. Especially since I just got back from towing it for 6,000 miles.

Quick Reply: Dealership cannot find TSB, so they ask me!