Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Dealer resisting not to replace the CAC

Old 12-17-2012, 08:17 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Dealer arguing not to replace the CAC

Long story short, after they have verified that P0430 (left side cat was toast), they pulled the latest TSB and they said this what they are going to do. They ordered the part(s) and few days later called me to make an appointment. When I went in this morning to drop it off, I asked what parts they've got by the way which they are going to replace. Last week, they were insisting that they have to go by what the TSB says and refused to answer my questions. When I found out this morning that they were not going to replace the CAC because TSB doesn't call for it and they did not order it. I said, let's read it step by step from the TSB printout I had. Step 1; replace the cat, Step 2; if there is a front shield installed as in Fig 1A, go to step 5 and replace the CAC. then he says they don't know if there is shield already installed and therefore they have to investigate it first. When I pointed it out that I not only know there is but you could figure it out either by the VIN number or just simply lifting the hood and looking at it before ordering parts but regardless I said let's assume there is no shield installed. Then, lets not skip to step 5 but move to step 3; replace the CAC and install the new shield. Then he tried to argue that it does not mean that they have to because they don't have to go with what TSB says but they will determine what needs to be done. I blew the gasket then and as he stormed out of the service write up area, I have asked for the service manager or store manger or whomever that idiot reports to. She said she will check to see and left. Few minutes later original one came back apologizing that they made a mistake. He ordered the parts. I know it is not available but I have to go with it.
I never purchased any new vehicle I brought to service for anything other than oil change yet alone bringing a vehicle I waited three months to be delivered and took it to dealer back within 3000 miles. It is going to be rough ride...

Note to the ones who will say to go to GM forum to complain; __________ (fill in the blank).

Last edited by RuhiA; 12-17-2012 at 09:48 PM.
The following users liked this post:
canddmeyer (12-17-2012)
Old 12-17-2012, 09:36 PM

Received 196 Likes on 140 Posts

All I'm gonna say...the way you treat people will reflect the service you get.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:43 PM

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

wooooooooooowwww....... you would think he would of noticed your BS radar blinking when you started walking him through the print out, and yet he continued to embarrass the company... sad, so sad...

I hope everything smooths out for ya, good luck!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:43 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by maplelakeduckslayer
All I'm gonna say...the way you treat people will reflect the service you get.
Have we met? Unless we have, are you are making *** of yourself with your suggestion... I guess I should walk backwards, holding my ankles... What makes you think that I treat them in a manner that they acted like either uncaring and uninterested to fix my truck's problem? Enlighten me and the others so we don't make the same mistake again.
The following 2 users liked this post by RuhiA:
pprior (02-12-2013), Wanted33 (01-27-2013)
Old 12-17-2012, 10:07 PM

Im not 100 percent sure how he meant that to come across but I will say that there is truth in what he says however....

Level headed service reps can be hard to find anymore at dealerships (especially with any kind of warranty issues). They most likely deal with idiot customers that complain about not having enough turn signal fluid put in so they want a new motor. The effect... they slowly start assuming every customer is an idiot.

Its understandable that they do not want to debate with every customer especially when its obvious the customer is just being difficult but they should always make sure that is in fact the case.

I really dont see a problem with the way RuhiA approached his problem. He identified it, read up on it and let the Ford guys take care of it. Buuuuuut, he continued (just like I would have) and made a couple courtesy checks to make sure he was on the same page as the service rep. Its understandable, he paid for the vehicle so he has every right to make sure he understands what is going to happen. The good thing about doing what he did is that it paid off! Turning a blind eye could just lead to more frustration down the road, not doing so ended up helping him identify a mix up and helped the service rep realize the mistake (even though he didnt like it) all in all, a little pride swollowing of the serv rep was the bill for saving time, money and frustration on both parties.
Wanted33 (01-27-2013)
Old 12-17-2012, 10:11 PM

swallowing* ...of course that had to be the word i spell wrong...
Old 12-18-2012, 09:52 AM

Received 196 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by RuhiA
Have we met? Unless we have, are you are making *** of yourself with your suggestion... I guess I should walk backwards, holding my ankles... What makes you think that I treat them in a manner that they acted like either uncaring and uninterested to fix my truck's problem? Enlighten me and the others so we don't make the same mistake again.

Said that was all I was gonna say
Old 12-18-2012, 12:45 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

U bully people around all the time this is what u get when u "blew ur gasket" is when u turned into a bully and made them feel pretty uncomfortable shame on u is that how u like to be treated?good luck getting looked after there anymore if I was making ur appointment it would be end of shift months away !!!put ur self in their shoes ok they made a mistake big deal would u blow a gasket on ur parents,wife,daughter or expect someone else not to on someone important to u.the proof u r a bully was calling out maple man and I expect no less from u either

Last edited by Gmc350; 12-18-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:07 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

It's unfortunate that customers are more familiar with the tsb than the people employed by Ford. I don't see anything wrong with how the op handled it. Sounds like he was being pretty reasonable up until the time the service writer started trying to bs him.
OddBall (12-19-2012)
Old 12-18-2012, 03:52 PM

lol i suppose if he started calling them names and threw a temper tantrum then he would be a "bully" and that would definitely put him in the wrong, but Im guessing "blew his gasket" meant that he made it clear that he was tired of the BS, with a state of shock, surprise and anger in his eyes. You can only tolerate ignorance for so long before you have to call them out on it, controlled but stern. Otherwise you just sit there and listen to the same crap over and over again. Ive met the good and the bad, most of the time it isnt worth getting upset about and Ill leave it alone, but something like this should not be ignored. No one should be treated like a child or a dumb*** (customer and employee).
The following 2 users liked this post by Hobzit:
OddBall (12-19-2012), Redmilk (12-19-2012)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealer resisting not to replace the CAC