Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Coolant leak

Old 09-14-2017, 05:02 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Coolant leak

Hey everyone: my 2012 3.7L sprung a leak. I have coolant leaking pretty bad, but I can't find it. Checked the water pump, and the hoses, but they're dry. I have coolant leaking over the power steering module which causes it to spread to the drivers side cv axle. There not much for coolant on the passengers side. The front of the engine including radiator are dry, and nothing on the inner fenders. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Old 09-25-2017, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having the exact same issue, spent all day at work worrying about it, I started the truck and just layed under the engine and waited for it to start dripping. Low and behold it's leaking at the quick connect to the overflow/ fill tank for the coolant. You can't see it dropping from the top of the engine but if you put your fingers under that connection it was leaking pretty good and dripping right onto the steering column like you indicated. It seems to be a pretty common problem from what I have found. I searched the web and found what most people are considering a good quality repair. Here's the link to the part https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/keywordsearch.asp?KeywordStart=For+Ecoboost

heres a link to the forum I was reading about the problem
http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/#/topics/10769?page=1

Good luck hope it's the same for you.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same issue with my 12 3.5 ecoboost. Dealer said it was a known issue from 11 and 12. the molding of the overflow tank has a barb on it that wears through the hose. Temp fix is a new hose. Long term fix was new coolant reservior with airbox. Had the radiaotor flushed at the same time for a total just over $850
Old 09-27-2017, 05:17 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Got it fixed a couple of weeks ago and Well you guys pretty much hit the nail on the head. That's it exactly what it was.

Search this Thread