Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Comments/Experience/Opinions on Camburg/Pro Comp/Toyo set up before i buy.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Just here for the MPG's

Received 252 Likes on 214 Posts

Default Comments/Experience/Opinions on Camburg/Pro Comp/Toyo set up before i buy.

Been researching for quite a while and came up with the following set up. Looking to buy in the next 30 days but i just want to make sure that i haven't missed something or get any suggestions on the set up before i place my order. I shouldn't need to buy anything else in order to install but please let me know if you know of something I'm missing. Thanks in advance everyone and i appreciate any experience or advise that you have.

Lift:
Camburg Ford F-150 4WD 09-12 2.5 Performance Kit
Uniball Upper Arms
Fox 2.5 R/R front coilover
Fox 2.5 P/B rear shocks

http://camburg.com/store/09-11-f-150...ormance-kit-2/

Wheels:
Pro Comp Series 7031 - Flat Black Alloy Wheel - 7031-2936
20 x 9, 6 on 135mmBolt Pattern
Backspace=5
Max Load =2200 Lbs
Finish=Flat Black
Hub Centric = YES
Offset = 0mm

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Se...n=PXA7031-2936

Tires:
Toyo A/T II Tires - P275/60R20
Max Load = 2600
Tread Depth = 13/32
Overall Diameter = 32.95
Side Wall = Black Letters

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Tires/P27...t_pn=TOY352060

This set up should be the best option for me to lift the truck 3 inches but maintain my factory ride "feel" and reduce the added stress on the factory parts and joints as much as possible. Also going to have the 7031's painted Tuxedo Black Metallic before i put them on and sell my current 20" Sterling Grey FX4 rims.
Attached Thumbnails Comments/Experience/Opinions on Camburg/Pro Comp/Toyo set up before i buy.-img_7598-1024x682.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 01-22-2013, 09:24 PM
Keepin' the lights on!

Received 229 Likes on 153 Posts

Looks like you have yourself a pretty good setup. I don't see any cons about what you picked out. Post some pics when it's done.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:56 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I am going to get the uca's with the ball joints for my Tundra to avoid the maintenance the uni-***** require due to decreased truck vs. family time. Not sure they are offered for the 150, but I would think they are.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:16 PM
Just here for the MPG's

Originally Posted by Vizsla
I am going to get the uca's with the ball joints for my Tundra to avoid the maintenance the uni-***** require due to decreased truck vs. family time. Not sure they are offered for the 150, but I would think they are.
Thank you, ill look to see if I can get them from Fox first. In the time being anyone out there know where I can get a set of upgraded aftermarket ball joints for a 2011 FX4 Eco Screw?
Old 01-23-2013, 01:22 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Eco-BEAST 28
Been researching for quite a while and came up with the following set up. Looking to buy in the next 30 days but i just want to make sure that i haven't missed something or get any suggestions on the set up before i place my order. I shouldn't need to buy anything else in order to install but please let me know if you know of something I'm missing. Thanks in advance everyone and i appreciate any experience or advise that you have.

Lift:
Camburg Ford F-150 4WD 09-12 2.5 Performance Kit
Uniball Upper Arms
Fox 2.5 R/R front coilover
Fox 2.5 P/B rear shocks

http://camburg.com/store/09-11-f-150...ormance-kit-2/

Wheels:
Backspace=5
Max Load =2200 Lbs
Finish=Flat Black
Hub Centric = YES
Offset = 0mm

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Se...n=PXA7031-2936

Tires:
Max Load = 2600
Tread Depth = 13/32
Overall Diameter = 32.95

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Tires/P27...t_pn=TOY352060

This set up should be the best option for me to lift the truck 3 inches but maintain my factory ride "feel" and reduce the added stress on the factory parts and joints as much as possible. Also going to have the 7031's painted Tuxedo Black Metallic before i put them on and sell my current 20" Sterling Grey FX4 rims.
I have the Camburg set-up on my truck and I love it! I set mine at about 2" of lift in the front as the shocks tend to be noisy at full lift (coilover spun all the way out), then I pulled the 4wd lift block from the rear to give me a bit more lift up front! Truck handles beautifully!

Last edited by Squash1247; 01-23-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Just here for the MPG's

I have been offered the King Coil Overs w/ remote res and King rear Shocks w/ piggy back for the same price? What do i do here guys? Stick with Fox and have R/R in front and back or go over to King and have R/R in front and P/B in back? Im at a loss on this one....
Old 02-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Just here for the MPG's

Bump. Have to decide today...
Old 02-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Just here for the MPG's

Default Close

Decision made. Mods please close and delete, thank you.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Heat Miser

Received 144 Likes on 115 Posts

I know you 'made your decision', but figured you might benefit from some additional info.
I had a long talk with Jerry the owner of Camburg a couple weeks ago.
Camburg is the only one I know of that positions the UCA/spindle connection REARWARD of the stock location.
Jerry feels ADDED CASTER is the ONLY reason why the 'average' off-road enthusiast should change his UCAs. He says point-blank that the stock UCAs/ball-joint is strong enough to handle the kind of off-roading 'we' do.
I asked him about the extra travel/droop Fox(et al) CO's have, and he said again, the stock UCAs are fine. He went on to say that Camburg's CO's have more travel than the Fox 2.5s, so presumably you'd want aftermarket UCAs if running those.
In any event, tire size is CRUCIAL when running the Camburg UCAs because of the added caster, and the extra caster added during an alignment(your instructions tell you this).
If you haven't already, you'll wanna talk with Camburg before you buy your tires/wheels to get their recommendation. You'll wanna run as much back-spacing as you have room for...
I had/have the Pro Comp 7031's.. I had 18x9's with 5" of backspacing when I had the Camburg UCAs installed on my truck, and there was room for 1/2" more.
I didn't see any deeper options with the 7031s, so if you also have the 5" backspacing, your tire selection is gonna be even more critical.
The Camburg guys are very knowledgeable and helpful. They'll steer you to the right tires if you talk to them.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Just here for the MPG's

Originally Posted by yokev
I know you 'made your decision', but figured you might benefit from some additional info.
I had a long talk with Jerry the owner of Camburg a couple weeks ago.
Camburg is the only one I know of that positions the UCA/spindle connection REARWARD of the stock location.
Jerry feels ADDED CASTER is the ONLY reason why the 'average' off-road enthusiast should change his UCAs. He says point-blank that the stock UCAs/ball-joint is strong enough to handle the kind of off-roading 'we' do.
I asked him about the extra travel/droop Fox(et al) CO's have, and he said again, the stock UCAs are fine. He went on to say that Camburg's CO's have more travel than the Fox 2.5s, so presumably you'd want aftermarket UCAs if running those.
In any event, tire size is CRUCIAL when running the Camburg UCAs because of the added caster, and the extra caster added during an alignment(your instructions tell you this).
If you haven't already, you'll wanna talk with Camburg before you buy your tires/wheels to get their recommendation. You'll wanna run as much back-spacing as you have room for...
I had/have the Pro Comp 7031's.. I had 18x9's with 5" of backspacing when I had the Camburg UCAs installed on my truck, and there was room for 1/2" more.
I didn't see any deeper options with the 7031s, so if you also have the 5" backspacing, your tire selection is gonna be even more critical.
The Camburg guys are very knowledgeable and helpful. They'll steer you to the right tires if you talk to them.
Ended up going with the Camburg UCA / Fox C/O set up with R/R in front and back. Camburg currently doesn't make a C/O for our truck so it wasn't an option for me to get their C/O's. As far as this set up ive run it by the guys at Camburg and through Full Race Motor Sports (original inspiration for build) and both have had nothing but positive remarks. Ill be running the following rim and tire package -
Wheels:
Backspace=5
Max Load =2200 Lbs
Finish=Flat Black
Hub Centric = YES
Offset = 0mm

Tires:
Max Load = 2600
Tread Depth = 13/32
Overall Diameter = 32.95

Even the guy i ordered all this through was very impressed and had no additional comments or advice and had commented that i had "done my homework" when really all i did was read stuff on here and call the companies lol But either way it will all be on around the end of the month. Really appreciate the info you provided and just one question. What in particular is the concern you have about only having a 5 backspacing? Im new to this so is the concern rubbing, added stress, part damage?

Quick Reply: Comments/Experience/Opinions on Camburg/Pro Comp/Toyo set up before i buy.