Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Anyone else get their FR 3" catback recently? Any new sound clips?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 09:59 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Anyone else get their FR 3" catback recently? Any new sound clips?

Just wondering if anyone has some new sound clips vs the ones already posted? Preferably resonated.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Turbo Expert

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Should have mine on this weekend...will let you know!
The following 2 users liked this post by ben87iroc:
Half_ton (05-16-2013), K-Dubb (05-03-2013)
Old 05-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Turbo Expert

Just finished the install. I give credit to Full-Race, the packaging was excellent, everything came in one box, protected well, very quality parts, looks great, installed easily (took me about 30 minutes), only had to jack the truck a little to get the old exhaust out. My opinion is the FR design is an improvement over stock since it is in 3 pieces instead of 2 so was easier to handle under the truck. Noticed immediate difference in sound, throttle response, and torque as promised. The sound reminds me of the old Z34 Lumina's or GNX's. Overall very happy and excited to put some miles on...

Not sure how to upload videos yet...will have to read up on that...
The following users liked this post:
Half_ton (05-08-2013)
Old 05-04-2013, 06:39 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ben87iroc
Should have mine on this weekend...will let you know!
Did you get the resonated or non-resonated version?
Old 05-05-2013, 09:26 AM
Turbo Expert

Originally Posted by Txnolebd
Did you get the resonated or non-resonated version?
Resonated...and it's plenty loud for me. Nice sound @ idle, no drone sound on the freeway (almost as quiet as stock on the freeway) which I thought was perfect - best of both worlds. It's amazing the immediate improvement in throttle response and power increase at lower RPM's...plus it looks great! Only thing now is what upgrade to get next from FR?
Old 05-05-2013, 04:52 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Pm sent. Email me the vid and I will post it for you.
SkiSmuggs (05-05-2013)
Old 05-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Senior Member/Vietnam Vet

Received 539 Likes on 369 Posts

I tow a 9k lb 5th wheel, would love to get this exhaust but am afraid it would drive us nuts while towing and be a $700 mistake. Would like to hear how the cab noise is while towing heavy.
Rob1334 (05-06-2013)
Old 05-07-2013, 12:31 PM

Received 330 Likes on 122 Posts

Just finished the install. I give credit to Full-Race, the packaging was excellent, everything came in one box, protected well, very quality parts, looks great, installed easily (took me about 30 minutes), only had to jack the truck a little to get the old exhaust out. My opinion is the FR design is an improvement over stock since it is in 3 pieces instead of 2 so was easier to handle under the truck. Noticed immediate difference in sound, throttle response, and torque as promised.
thanks for the feedback Ben. We design our parts to be user-friendly and easy to install, great to see you agree! Removing the stock components (exhaust/intercooler/turbokit) is more difficult and time consuming than installing the Full-Race parts

Resonated...and it's plenty loud for me. Nice sound @ idle, no drone sound on the freeway (almost as quiet as stock on the freeway) which I thought was perfect - best of both worlds. It's amazing the immediate improvement in throttle response and power increase at lower RPM's...plus it looks great! Only thing now is what upgrade to get next from FR?
"best of both worlds" is exactly the target we went after. I prefer the resonated version because its near-silent on the freeway but sounds tough in an OEM sorta way. I was surprised (and still am) that most customers want it louder. One thing I love about those trucks is how fast they haul for how quiet they are

Originally Posted by SkiSmuggs
I tow a 9k lb 5th wheel, would love to get this exhaust but am afraid it would drive us nuts while towing and be a $700 mistake. Would like to hear how the cab noise is while towing heavy.
we've spent a lot of time towing with our truck and absolutely love it. I am picky and have no qualms driving from AZ to NJ with the trailer on the back. Exhaust discussion aside, the biggest single factor that can make these vehicles a lot louder is usually the aftermarket downpipes
The following 2 users liked this post by Full-Race Geoff:
Kenferg1 (05-23-2013), SkiSmuggs (05-07-2013)
Old 05-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Senior Member/Vietnam Vet

Received 539 Likes on 369 Posts

Geoff, thanks for that input and the PM. Maybe I won't wait until after my trip to order as I had originally planned.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm seriously considering the FR catback, especially since it looks like much, much better quality than others like the heartthrob.
Is there a power difference between the resonated and non resonated version?

Quick Reply: Anyone else get their FR 3" catback recently? Any new sound clips?