Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

adding some more go fast parts.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 03:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default adding some more go fast parts.

I have a 2012 fx4 running a livernois tune and o/r downpipes, with the stainless works s tube muffle and a thermostat, iv been waiting on livernois to update there tune but I'm tired of waiting and since then my buddies have all left me behind , I have 3 more mods in mind, the afe stage 2 cai, an MPT tune, and an intercooler but I'm having a hard time deciding which ones to go with, so for the intercooler which one should I go with full race, AFE, wagner? And for the MPT tune is it worth goin with the livewire or just go with the new x4? What's the advantages of running the livewire?
Old 06-30-2014, 03:12 PM
Raptor Minion

Received 136 Likes on 105 Posts

I can comment on the Livewire. I bought it thinking I could leave it installed and watch the pretty gauges.

I was very disappointed in the gauge selections and the visibility of the screen in broad daylight, which is zero.

Also, if I left the tuner in the car and it was stolen, I didn't want to deal with that hassle.

I went with the OBDLink Bluetooth adapter and a Nexus 7 which gave me much nicer read outs. Knowing what I know now, I would have saved some coin and gone X4.

I also wanted to display a front camera video to the Livewire, but because of the poor quality of the screen I opted for a Lockpick solution.

The Livewire works great. But I'm not sure it gives you that much more than the X4. The Apple and Android tuners from SCT look interesting, but I went down the OBDLink route so I won't be trying either of those out.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:25 PM

Thanks for the heads up man, you saved me some coin there. It looks pretty cool on the website but if you can't even see it it's not worth it, I think Il just shoot for the x4, now I just need help on intercooler selection lol
Old 06-30-2014, 03:38 PM
F150 Forum

Received 109 Likes on 73 Posts

Let me know if you need a quote on any parts, I'll be happy to help!
Old 06-30-2014, 04:06 PM

Received 387 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by vic_s197
Thanks for the heads up man, you saved me some coin there. It looks pretty cool on the website but if you can't even see it it's not worth it, I think Il just shoot for the x4, now I just need help on intercooler selection lol
There's a CAC comparison thread here somewhere, but I'm fairly certain the Wagner faired the best. So from a pure performance standpoint, I'd go Wagner. From a utilitarian stand point(winch, plow, beefy front bumper) I'd go Full Race do to the relocation aspect. But it's also fair to say that just about all are better than stock by a long shot.

I'd also save your money on the CAI, proven to be of little or no gain performance wise. Only really adding a noise factor and that's it.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:12 PM

Received 3,932 Likes on 2,510 Posts

meth injection
Old 06-30-2014, 04:13 PM
F150 Forum

Received 109 Likes on 73 Posts

ATP cheap but effective
Wagner cast and stealthy
Full-Race work of art
All 3 honestly probably provide close to the same results on a stockish truck.
Tunes - Unleashed, MPT and LET for power, MPT and Unleashed being top 2 IMHO, plenty of Livernois boys here but I don't like the additional cost for proprietary tuner and no data log revisions.
Downpipes - I'll have some pricing for my own this week that will pass emissions with cats or offroad, SW, MAK etc. Plenty of choices.
Meth injection - Alky Control, Snow, AEM. I can sell snow or AEM you can go direct to Alky Control - Julio. All get the job done.

Nitrous is fun and works very well, small 75 shot will do wonders on this vehicle.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:33 PM

Ok so don't go with a cai then? I really just want to keep it basic so No go on meth lol, and for the intercooler I haven't heard anybody mention the afe cooler or should I just look into the ones mentioned above?
Old 06-30-2014, 06:11 PM

Received 239 Likes on 223 Posts

Since you barely get into 4th in a quarter mile i would do gears to add larger rubber later.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:19 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

With the livewire you can use a laptop to interconnect and watch live data (on laptop) using the live link program, you can't do that with the new x4.

Haven't had a chance yet to see if you can d/l datalogs from the x4 but I fear it is not possible because the livelink software don't recognize the x4 other than being a generic something.

Quick Reply: adding some more go fast parts.