Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

5.0 Tune Load Problems??!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 02:02 AM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Question 5.0 Tune Load Problems??!

Sup....Ok I have a strange problem when loading my tunes from SSI...I had a Gen 3 tune that I bought from Shawn...loaded it up fine...then He E-mailed me the Gen 4 Tune. loaded it into my SCT programmer no problem. then loaded the new Gen4 tune after I got to work. Started it up...seemed fine just like normal. then after my 9Hr work day, Started to drive home...truck stated to drive off fine going through first gear...then BAM...hit 2nd gear...truck lunged forward for a bit then RPM dropped real low and would Idle and jump from 500-700RPM's then the 'LOW OIL PRESSURE" light warning popped up on the center screen. WTF!!?? Then after a few more feet truck completely died. had to pull over. Tuned off truck, then it would start normally again and repeat the process...anyone have this problem after loading a tune?? Lucky I had my SCT with me..only way I could get home was reload the stock tune. it drove like normal after that. Was kinda scared I fried My ECU somehow....But I reloaded the tune files from my Laptop back onto the SCT programmer. and reloaded the tune into my truck. seems ok now. But I'm kinda scared now. truck is brand new with only 4,500mi on it. Anyone else with strange problems after loading a tune??
Old 01-20-2015, 08:43 AM

Received 646 Likes on 498 Posts

Call shawn
Old 01-20-2015, 09:22 AM

Received 112 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Corrupt file

Could be a corrupt file. Return to stock and call Shawn this morning. He is EST fyi and already up I am sure.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:06 AM

Received 146 Likes on 130 Posts

Curious of the outcome, not sure how a tune would effect the oil pressure. Unless you got the oil pressure light after the engine died, that would make more sense.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:11 PM

Received 325 Likes on 223 Posts

Couple of things:

1. When you load tunes, be sure that absolutely everything is turned off.
2. Most importantly, you will need to ask your questions regarding SSi tunes on their forum. They are not a vendor here and will have no idea you are posting an issue that you are having.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:54 PM

Yes I turn A/c, Radio off. Nothing runs while doing the tune. Yes I know SSI has a forum..I will call shawn soon. Just was wondering if anyone else had weird probs after loading their tune. Not Just with SSI ones.

Originally Posted by jwanck11
Couple of things:

1. When you load tunes, be sure that absolutely everything is turned off.
2. Most importantly, you will need to ask your questions regarding SSi tunes on their forum. They are not a vendor here and will have no idea you are posting an issue that you are having.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:57 AM

Default Update?

Did you call Shawn? I know it's weird this day and age to actually work with a live body when it comes to remote customer service but I am telling ya man, he doesn't work any other way. You can email him but he is flooded with requests. Keep us posted man we want to hear how awesome it turns out for you
Old 01-22-2015, 06:32 PM

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

A few things to note. If you ever check for updates on your device always go back to stock first. I have the X4 and Sct told me that the 5.0 guys with custom tunes sometimes have issues and they had to write me my stock files once and said it was fixed. Some of us over on the SSI forum have agreed that when going from one Generation of a tune to another to return it to stock first then download the other Generation. Example Gen2 to Gen4 or Gen3 to Gen4. But call Shawn for sure. It is possible the file is corrupted and he can send you a new one.
The following users liked this post:
808MIKE (01-23-2015)
Old 01-23-2015, 01:06 AM

Ok Talked to Shawn today...He said it was just a bad load...and it does happen. Since I am running the same file that this happened with...the file is not corrupted,,,since I am using it now and it's fine. He just said if it does this again...Retun to Stock File..Which I did. Disconnect Battery and some Computer connection for about 5Min....Then start over and reload the tune file. SO it's not SSI or the file itself. Guess these new ECU's get finicky sometimes and gotta start from scratch. Still scary stuff on a new truck! LOL and yes when I returned my truck to stock I checked for all updates for my SCT...then reloaded my custom tune. Thnx for the Input Fellas!

Originally Posted by Koolponycar
A few things to note. If you ever check for updates on your device always go back to stock first. I have the X4 and Sct told me that the 5.0 guys with custom tunes sometimes have issues and they had to write me my stock files once and said it was fixed. Some of us over on the SSI forum have agreed that when going from one Generation of a tune to another to return it to stock first then download the other Generation. Example Gen2 to Gen4 or Gen3 to Gen4. But call Shawn for sure. It is possible the file is corrupted and he can send you a new one.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:08 AM

Default How do you like the tune?

we would like to hear about your experience with the Tune after you have some miles on it. I hope your face hurts from grinning like an idiot every time you put your foot in it
The following users liked this post:
brucesears (01-26-2015)

Quick Reply: 5.0 Tune Load Problems??!