Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

2012 F150 Ecoboost High Pressure Fuel Pump problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 F150 Ecoboost High Pressure Fuel Pump problems

I think I may be having an issue with my HPFP. I bought the truck about 2 months ago. 4 times now I have started the truck it idles a little bit rough but not terrible. However when I put it in gear to go, it doesn't move. Will not accelerate at all. Engine doesn't even rev, it just gets a rougher idle. Put it in park and same thing won't rev. I turn off the ignition and fire it up again. After a longer than normal cranking time it works like normal. Today it did it and took several restarts and letting it sit turned off for a while, before it ran normal. It also has the hiccup or miss, most times when I try to accelerate hard to pass and from a start. Is there a way to test this part, or determine if it is the HPFP vs the normal pump? The way its acting leads me to believe its definitely a fuel problem.
Old 01-28-2020, 02:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you ever get this figured out? I had a similar issue and threw a P00C6 code. I suspect the HPFP I going out.

Quick Reply: 2012 F150 Ecoboost High Pressure Fuel Pump problems