Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

2011 ecoboost MAP p/n question

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 09:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2011 ecoboost MAP p/n question

Top of intake MAP sensor
I have a 5/2011 Ecoboost that has always had a rough idle that you could feel on the passenger side. I did not feel it on the drivers side until the last couple years. That was about the time I had a tune added and took out the resonator. I was doing some maintenance this weekend and decided to clean the two MAP sensors that I haven’t ever messed with. The one before the throttle body had a light coat of oil but wasn’t too bad. The one on the manifold was pretty dirty and the temp sensor part would not spray completely clean. I decided to look up a replacement and I have run into an issue with the part number for the MAP sensor located on top of the intake. When I look up the part number from the sensor it shows its for a 2012 Ford Flex. It looks just like the one the parts stores say I should get but this will not be the first part the parts stores did not get right. My part number is AA5A-9F479-DA which seems to equate to Motorcraft CX-2228. Parts catalogs are pointing to CX-2401.
Does anyone know what the difference is between these two? Could this be the cause of the rough idle? On a side note, When I am at higher elevations I do not have a rough idle.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To follow up, I replaced the sensor with CX-2401. The idle smoothed out but not completely but the engine is smoother throughout the whole range.

Quick Reply: 2011 ecoboost MAP p/n question