Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

2011 6.2L Differences

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 10:34 AM
2011 Harley Davidson AWD

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Default 2011 6.2L Differences

Is there a difference in the 6.2L found in the different 2011 models? Raptor, Platinum, Limited, Harley? I know the Harley has a different exhaust, but are there any other differences? I assume the Raptor has some other differences. What mods are available for the 6.2 (programmer, CAI, etc.) and will they work across all models?
Old 02-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Retired Sr NCO

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think there are. They all seem to put out the same numbers.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:51 PM
2011 Lariat Limited

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe all 6.2 put out the same power. Hennessey is working on performance upgrades for the Limited/Harley.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:30 PM
Retired Sr NCO

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lowd77
I believe all 6.2 put out the same power. Hennessey is working on performance upgrades for the Limited/Harley.

I would not let Hennessey get anywhere NEAR my vehicles.

Do a search and see what he did to Viper owners, Vette owners, etc. HE takes the $$ and does not do the work.

The only people who think he is great are the magazine people and they are writers, not car people.

NO WAY IN HELL WOULD I TRUST HIM OR HIS "COMPANY".
Old 05-17-2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by TX Hoon
I would not let Hennessey get anywhere NEAR my vehicles.

Do a search and see what he did to Viper owners, Vette owners, etc. HE takes the $$ and does not do the work.

The only people who think he is great are the magazine people and they are writers, not car people.

NO WAY IN HELL WOULD I TRUST HIM OR HIS "COMPANY".

Hoon-
I live in Houston and just bought a 2011 Limited. I was actually planning on taking my truck to Hennessey for some upgrades, but i'm reluctant after reading your response. Do you have any links or anything with information about that?

Also, do you know of another place like them in this area?

Thanks
Old 05-17-2011, 10:03 PM

Received 1,556 Likes on 990 Posts

What he said. And it's not just an internet disgruntled few/rumor. There was an article in a reputable magazine a few years ago detailing the pattern of issues with them. In many cases, they would actually take parts off one customer's car and put them on another, so the first customer couldn't even just go pick up his car to cut his losses, because it would be missing major parts.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would definitely do little of your own research on Hennessy.

They are big enough that they can't look after everyone with their best people etc. Its just one of the drawback of getting bigger.

You need to find the middle ground between a good up and comer and someone who is not to big. I see good things about Livernoise. I think its spelled different.

Depends what you want to do overall. Adding a super charger exhaust etc is pretty simple in relative terms. If you are going to get into motor internals you want to find someone with experience on the motor.

That is the key finding someone who has been working on the motor.

I have a tune and intake. Overall its good. I thought my tuned C6 sucked gas. These 6.2 under load are gas oholics!
Old 05-18-2011, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Harley6.2
I would definitely do little of your own research on Hennessy.

They are big enough that they can't look after everyone with their best people etc. Its just one of the drawback of getting bigger.

You need to find the middle ground between a good up and comer and someone who is not to big. I see good things about Livernoise. I think its spelled different.

Depends what you want to do overall. Adding a super charger exhaust etc is pretty simple in relative terms. If you are going to get into motor internals you want to find someone with experience on the motor.

That is the key finding someone who has been working on the motor.

I have a tune and intake. Overall its good. I thought my tuned C6 sucked gas. These 6.2 under load are gas oholics!
You already have your 6.2 tuned, and have an exhaust? What did you end up going with? And how much of a differance did it make? I have a friend who has a 2011 limited and is looking to add an exhaust and tune to it. I didn't know there was anything out yet.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a tune and intake from 5 star.

I am waiting for Corsa to do a cat back system. They have a very unique sound and I loved it on my vette.

I sounds pretty good on the raptor they are just tweeking it for the non raptor trucks.

The nice part is individually all these mod make hp increase. But the sum of their total would add up to more.

Just keep looking around the forum there are various headers etc out there.

With a tune and exhaust 40 peak HP is not out of the question running 93 octane.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:08 PM

Thanks for the feedback. What kind of gas milage are you averaging? I dont know where Ford got 18mpg, but i'm lucky to get 15.

I cant decide between Borla or Corsa on the exhaust, is there any particullar reason you would choose one over the other? I've heard both on Youtube, but i haven't gotten to actually hear it in person. Does anyone here have either installed on a 6.2L?

Quick Reply: 2011 6.2L Differences