Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

'12 Ecoboost Engine Deceleration Noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 12:21 AM
Ext

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '12 Ecoboost Engine Deceleration Noise

Long time lurker, might be my first post.

I have an unusual noise coming from somewhere on my driver side engine bay when the engine is returning to idle RPM.
Here's a short video of the issue, first rev is in park (no noise) followed by the second pair in drive with the brakes on. Happens at all low speeds, can't hear it at highway speed.
Video taken with air cleaner cracked open as the noise was quite a bit louder that way. Truck has 133k km on it. Very recent oil change, new front rotors/pads. Mechanic tried unplugging the vacuum line to each turbo with no change. Will only happen in drive, not in park.
I sincerely hope there isn't an existing thread on this, I did do some searching around, but couldn't find one quite like mine.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-09-2018, 10:00 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm assuming you were referring to the whale noise type sound? What does your air filter look like? Have you checked all of the fittings coming off the intake? It sounds like a component/fitting on the intake air side is loose and vibrating
Old 02-21-2021, 04:51 PM
Ext

For anyone looking at this thread, the issue was a torn diaphram in my blow-off valve. I replaced it with a Turbosmart TS-0203-1061, by myself, in surprisingly quick time. Now the truck has that tuner sound like on the movies, especially when I'm towing
Old 03-14-2021, 01:24 PM

any luck with this? having the same issue but also have IAT sensor code obd2 reading.

Quick Reply: '12 Ecoboost Engine Deceleration Noise