XLT Sport cloth vs after market leather - Page 6 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans



Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XLT Sport cloth vs after market leather

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2017, 12:00 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 267
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moddiction View Post
I actually do have a wholesale account for Clazzio as well but there is no debate which is a higher end product.
as i have said a few times in here to each his own.
nineball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:02 PM   #52
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 15
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineball View Post
have you had a set of clazzio? i've been down the seat cover road many times, probably as many if not more than you have with well over 55 cars to my name over the years, and none have been as good as the clazzio. just from the photos in this thread alone anyone would be able to see the quality of them. take a look at the photos on page 2 of this thread and you will see that while the pattern is different the fit and finish is the same, and possibly a little better with the clazzio as they have less wrinkles in the photos posted. the clazzio covers do not move, but you would only know that if you had a set.

as far as wear and tear, well it is going to happen to every seat in the world regardless if it is leather, cloth, vinyl or sheepskin, that's just a fact of life.

as i said before to each his own, but unless you have had a set of these covers you can't really comment on them. they are not the same as covers you can buy from a local store.
I'm not debating that Clazzios are not really nice seat covers because they are. I've never owned them but I have seen them installed in person. They were definitely in my consideration for this upgrade. They're hella nice....for seat covers. I'm just saying that for $100 more dollars and a little extra labor you could have a legit leather interior that would actually add value to the vehicle. So that's the route I chose. Like you said, to each his own.
travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:06 PM   #53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 267
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by travesty View Post
I'm not debating that Clazzios are not really nice seat covers because they are. I've never owned them but I have seen them installed in person. They were definitely in my consideration for this upgrade. They're hella nice....for seat covers. I'm just saying that for $100 more dollars and a little extra labor you could have a legit leather interior that would actually add value to the vehicle. So that's the route I chose. Like you said, to each his own.

you got katskinz installed for $500? that's an amazing price. my clazzio were $400. glad you got a hell of a deal
nineball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:59 PM   #54
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 15
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineball View Post
you got katskinz installed for $500? that's an amazing price. my clazzio were $400. glad you got a hell of a deal
OK then, $160 more than yours I did the install myself.
travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:59 PM   #55
Senior Member
 
JB 1 TIME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 1,564
Thanked 67 Times in 62 Posts
Default

I got quoted $2000 from shops around me. At that price I'll wait.
JB 1 TIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:30 PM   #56
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 15
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB 1 TIME View Post
I got quoted $2000 from shops around me. At that price I'll wait.
That's what I mean. F these guys who want that much. I leave some things to the professionals but when I can save about $1000 doing it myself in less than a day, that gets my attention.
And what are you gonna wait for? This stuff ain't getting any cheaper.
Get the Katzkin kit from Moddiction here on the forum for $565 and put it in yourself. Booyah.
travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:55 PM   #57
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 49
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

The kits from the dealers if they are the Dealer pak are made by DK and they are most likely from Asia and sent to katzkin. (From what I've heard) or you could get the better quality ones that are made in America.
ABF150Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:23 PM   #58
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 15
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABF150Fan View Post
The kits from the dealers if they are the Dealer pak are made by DK and they are most likely from Asia and sent to katzkin. (From what I've heard) or you could get the better quality ones that are made in America.
Yes, they are made in Malaysia. The US made ones area couple hundred more. FWIH.
travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:40 AM   #59
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Katskin



[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/poiH86nhj][/URL

I had Katskins on my 16 tacoma and my 17 XLT. Dealer installed mine with a LineX for 1500 extra

Katskin feel better then OEM leather in my opinion. They make really nice stuff. Just do yousefl a favor and dont try to intsall yourself if you are not a patient person or a pro.
Beenjammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:51 AM   #60
Member
 
Martlet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 69
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moddiction View Post
I actually do have a wholesale account for Clazzio as well but there is no debate which is a higher end product.
Apparently there is a debate.
Martlet is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:58 PM.


Copyright 2006 - 2017 F150Forum.com
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: