Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Visors F150 Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 04:28 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Window Visors F150 Recommendations

Hello, i would like to see what the general consensus is on decent window visors for an 04, new style, F150.

What companies are the better ones in this department vs. the many no namers on ebay?

I have some factory offered ones on my sedan that go on the outside and use both double sided tape as well as a few tiny clips that grab onto the metal trim.
Needless to say after many years they have stayed sealed properly and functional.

From what i've seen in other vehicles with "after market" ones, the ones that fit inside the window channel bog the window down when closing all the way and when initially opening.
And the ones i've seen attached on the outside they only use the double sided tape and come undone a year or two later depending the install.
Plus they do not look even close to flush.

Any heads up is much appreciated.
Thank You
Old 06-03-2017, 10:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the weathertech ones. They go in the channel and seem just a bit more flush and "Factory" than the other styles. They have never "Bogged" my windows down when I am rolling them up. Other than that, anything that goes on the outside is going to stuck on with generic 3m tape. If you are careful to prep before you put them on, they won't come undone. I had them on my older F150 before i switched to weathertech (I just liked the flush, clean look) and going through dust, dirt, sand, snow, 100 degree weather, and -20 degree weather for 3 years they never came off.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:00 PM

nice, thanks for the heads up
Old 06-04-2017, 03:22 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

I prefer AVS low profile. Have had them on my truck now for over 4 years.

Last edited by RLXXI; 06-04-2017 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:46 PM

interesting, those look pretty nice and flush as well
Old 06-05-2017, 02:48 PM

Barely 1/4" between them and the glass, lowest profile I've seen.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:49 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

i have the AVS in-channel on my '13 and the quality has gone down significantly imho.

the set i have now are pretty damn thin, much thinner than in years past when i have bought them. if i had to guess i would say they are close to half the thickness of sets i have had in the past. the portion that has the double sided tape is also greatly reduced. it use to be, and may still be for other models of cars, that the tab that went in the channel ran the entire way and so did the tape. the set i just installed had a couple tab-type pieces with the tape for sticking in the channel. if i recall correctly there are 3 or 4 tabs per side and none are more than 2" long. time will tell if this affects the performance but it soured me on ever buying the AVS brand again.

this is how they used to be:

this is what they looked like for my 13:

you said you have an 04, but if you meant 14 then another issue you will have (if you go with in-channel) is the windows not closing properly. the windows sense resistance and when they do they automatically go down 3/4 of the way, and the in-channel tabs cause this to happen. typically it takes 3 attempts to get my windows to close but occasionally it will close on 1 or 2 tries. there are lots of videos out about this. it can also potentially cause problems if your windows are recently tinted, or you want to tint them, as it puts more force on the inside of the window when closing (the visors are pushing the window in towards the cabin every time it closes).

Last edited by nineball; 06-05-2017 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:01 PM

The AVS low profile vents are not in channel, they stick to the door trim. Almost 4 years with automatic carwashes 3-4 times/mnth. That last pic I took is how they look after all that, impeccable quality imo. Just wanted to add that for clarity.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:09 PM

update guys

i purchased a set, which i thought were avs off the top of my head but were actually egr, in channel ones.
received them yesterday. after installing them, my front windows would get stuck going up about half way. i could force them with my hand all the way up but yeah...needless to say it was not going to work.
could be that my truck, 04, over time the channels got weathered and of course the window actuators got lazier for sure but still....from what i saw visually, it would have been an uphill battle with them even if the truck was new since they seemed pretty thick.

so i already started the return process and bought a set of the avs low profile ones recommended by rnlcomp. should get them by friday and will let you guys know how that turns out.
from your pictures they look low profile enough or flush enough to live with. hopefully that stays the same for an earlier model like mine vs. yours which is newer.

thanks again guys for all the input. very much appreciated.
Old 06-25-2017, 05:13 PM

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm curious about the amount of airflow with the low profile avs. My 2015 sits out in the sun day in and day out as it's not my daily driver. Just need some extra ventilation to keep the inside from cooking. I like the looks of the low profile and the fact that it seems less dirt and debris would get in as it sits in the driveway. Maybe I'm wrong though?