Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did I buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 02:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What did I buy?

Hi Everyone. I recently bought a 2011 F150 4x4 3.5 EB with 100K miles from a dealership. It clearly had mods to the exhaust and intake but I didn't know to what extent. With all the mods on it (most of which claim to add hp), I figured it should perform fairly well even if it doesn't currently have a custom tune. The google tells me these trucks should hit low to mid 6 seconds for 0-60 times, stock, under the right conditions. My truck has slightly larger than stock tire size and a level kit but with all the mods I was hoping it would still be fairly similar to that. So far the best I have seen for 0-60 is 7.23 seconds.

Curious to know your thoughts on what I should expect based on the following mods I have found on the truck:
Kooks 3" green cat downpipe
aftermarket cat back exhaust (not sure the brand)
Volant closed air intake with PowerCore G2 filter
RX catch can

Also, it still has the original intercooler (AC) and appears to not have any of the TSBs applied.

Thanks for your feedback!
Old 05-28-2019, 11:30 AM

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

The kicker is if it's tuned or not. Decent list of mods, though.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wanted to provide an update here. Turns out my lack of performance was due to a stretched timing chain problem creeping up. Finally got the P0016 code and it started running a little rough. Once I replaced everything, performance was much better. Mileage isn't, but that's an ongoing hunt for the issue. I never had the rattle at startup issue, but I did have rough idling. Also it made a strange popping sound when idling. As things got worse, it started to run like it was only firing on 3 cylinders.

In either case, doing the same 0-60 test I was hitting mid 6 seconds which is what I would expect. Now I that I'm happy with the performance I can stop using it unless I need it

Quick Reply: What did I buy?