Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune question

Old 04-06-2016, 03:38 PM

Received 101 Likes on 78 Posts

First, I have a SCT X4. Can I change tunes "on the fly" so to say? Or does the engine have to be off? Seems I read somewhere it was possible but now I can't find it.

Next, I know you can't run a tune with lower grade gas. Example; 93p/t with 87 octane is a no-no. However, I assume it is ok to run 93 octane in a 87 octane tune?

Lastly, if I was to have a new muffler(s) welded in, will I NEED a retune, or is that just optional to get the most out of it?

Last edited by Gx2Lariat; 04-06-2016 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:45 PM

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by Gx2Lariat
First, I have a SCT X4. Can I change tunes "on the fly" so to say? Or does the engine have to be off? Seems I read somewhere it was possible but now I can't find it.

Next, I know you can't run a tune with lower grade gas. Example; 93p/t with 87 octane is a no-no. However, I assume it is ok to run 93 octane in a 87 octane tune?

Lastly, if I was to have a new muffler(s) welded in, will I NEED a retune, it is that just optional to get the most out of it?
1) Only diesels can be tuned on the fly, gas you have to cycle the ignition on/off/on etc...

2) Correct.

3) Nope, even the factory exhaust is straight thru design, the only thing an after market exhaust does is add volume.
The following users liked this post:
Gx2Lariat (04-06-2016)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tune question