Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck rack compatible with Roll n Lock A Series tonneau?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck rack compatible with Roll n Lock A Series tonneau?

Hello,

I am about to install a Roll n Lock A-Series tonneau and also need a compatible removable rack to occasionally haul ladders, etc., and support a steel frame containing (3) 100 lb propane cylinders (170 lbs each when full). When I say support I mean the propane frame sits upright in the truck bed and will have tie downs going to the rack to keep it upright. The closest product I can find is the Adarac which doesn't interfere with the tonneau canister or rails. I don't think snugging the propane frame up against the tonneau canister is recommended but I might be wrong. I have a headache rack I used to use but it's not compatible with the tonneau.

Does anyone know of a different rack product and/or if the Adarac will work?

BTW, my truck is a 2010 FX4 extended cab.

Thanks much.

Ditchdigger62
Old 05-31-2016, 08:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ditchdigger62,

There is currently no product that makes a Roll N Lock A-Series compatible with a ladder rack or frame like you are talking about. However, if you have not purchased the A-Series yet, you might consider ordering a "900-Series" Roll N Lock M-Series. These units come complete with the QwikFoot adapter and everything you need to add any BACKRACK brand headache rack. I am assuming that your Ford is a 1/2 ton? If so, the LG912M (6.5' bed) or LG911M (5.5" bed) are the models you will want to order. Unfortunately, the QwikFoot adapter cannot be retrofitted to standard model Roll N Lock units.

Otherwise, tying the propane cylinders up to the canister should not cause any problems since the Roll N Lock comes with a "cargo bumper" that keeps shifting (or tied) cargo from damaging the housing. I often tie my dirt bikes down in the bed of my truck with the front wheels tight up against the canister with no ill effects. Please let me know if you have any questions.

ERIC KRAFT
V.P. Sales
Roll N Lock Corp
Old 06-03-2016, 01:14 PM

Thanks, Eric! I already have the Roll n Lock A-Series and think I'll keep it. I will put a piece of foam or a blanket in-between the propane rack and the cargo bumper to keep from scratching it. I can tie the rack to the cargo rings at the truck's bed bottom and to the cargo rings coming out of the front stake pockets and that should work fine.

Thanks again!

Ditchdigger62
Old 06-06-2016, 08:40 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

That should work out great. Enjoy your new A-Series and please let me know if there is ever anything I can help you with.

Best regards,

Eric
Old 04-22-2017, 04:20 PM

What is the dimension of the cover on the A series for the 2015/16 F 150?

Quick Reply: Truck rack compatible with Roll n Lock A Series tonneau?