Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

standard cab system

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 11:15 AM
TOGA TOGA TOGA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default standard cab system

ok i have been told that i could only fit an 8'' diameter sub behind my seat in my truck but i believe that i could go bigger is there anyway i could fit at least a 10'' (a 1992 w/ da bench seat)
Old 03-15-2007, 11:27 AM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

You need to find a box... once you find it you need to check the mounting depth and then see if you can find a 10" sub that'll fit. Second you need to find a sub that can work in how ever much room the box has, such as .65 cubic feet.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

check this out
Old 03-15-2007, 10:37 PM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I think you would be surprised at how good a pair of 8s would sound in your truck. Have you been to your local high end stereo shop? When I was thinking like you, with my 02 supercab I was wanting to get some 10s to fit under the back seat until I heard the 8s and spacing wasn't a problem anymore
Old 03-15-2007, 10:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i had a 97 with 2 15s behind the seat...still have the truck boxes too...
Old 03-16-2007, 05:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crystal is right. You could be very suprised how good a pair of 8's sound. If you look around you can find 8'' speakers that can handle lots of power. These JBL 8's can handle 200 watts rms apiece. That's pretty loud.
http://www.jbl.com/car/products/prod...at=SUB&ser=GTS

My personal favorite. RF:
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...en_US&p_status=

The main problem you may have with 8's is that they cannot reproduce some of the really, really low freqs that a larger speaker can. The larger the speaker the lower the bass it can produce. I have never heard an 8 produce that bass that you can feel in your bones, but can't really hear.

With that said I think you could fit bigger speaker there if you really wanted to. I would be careful ordering a box off of the internet. I ordered a box from super crew sound and I wish I would have built by own. After seeing theirs I see that it would be that hard. You have to check the sub you buy for the size and type enclosure it needs. Ported enclosures produce more bass, but they also take up more room. That means you will probably want to go with a sealed box. If you get a high end speaker then the boxes from super crew sound probably won't have enough volume. The box I bought has .65 feet in it. That is barely big enough for the P1 subs I have. If I had built my own box I could have made it bigger and put bigger speakers in it.

If you want it fast and easy then order a box and slap whatever will fit in it. If you want to be picky then I would first pick out the sub you want and then measure your truck space to see how you would go about building the box. If you find you can't get it in there, then keep going down in sub size till you get to the biggest it can handle.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:00 PM

Iv heard some 12'' MTX's in the back of a pickup in just a stealth box and they were loud!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 08:25 PM

I've got the supercrew lariat with the audiophile sound system. the factory 8 sounds awesome. By far the best factory sound system that I have heard.

But as to you dillema, As another member said, 2 8" subs can really sound good if done correctly.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:46 PM

JL also has a new skinier sub out that will fit almost anywhere
Old 04-11-2007, 10:34 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

^ They havent come out yet have they???

Quick Reply: standard cab system