Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SnapRest - The Instant Comfort Armrest

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 03:10 PM
F150 Forum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SnapRest - The Instant Comfort Armrest

Hello everyone!

As a new addition to this forum's vendor roster, we'd like to (re)introduce ourselves and our product. This one of a kind solution has been around for 09-14 trucks a couple of years ago. We're a small, family-owned interior accessories company and it took us way more than it would have (if we were a big company) to expand our product line to where we wanted it to be. But... we finally got there!

Our product called the SnapRest® is the instant solution to more comfortable driving. Doesn't require modification of your vehicle's door! Installs in seconds without use of tools. Previously available for 09-14, now introducing fitments for 2015-19 F-150 and 2017-19 Superduty trucks.

We've sold over 2000 units and customers' feedback of SnapRest® can be summarized as:
"The materials used are high quality, the concept is great, and the armrest is comfortable."
and
"Love the arm rest. Took the pain away from my shoulder while driving!"

It's also available (09-14 so far only, working on adding newer models) on AmericanTrucks.com where it received a 4.7 out of 5 average review.

All the commercial issues, special promo code, etc - find that in our vendor ad.

Let me just leave you a teaser picture here, so that you have a reason to go see all the other colors/fitments in the ad!

2015-19 F-150 and 2017-19 Superduty:

F150 2009-14:

Guys any questions, comments or issues, we're here for you! We love to be back on the forums!

We'd also love to hear feedback from previous customers on how your units have been holding up!
The following users liked this post:
pcool69 (02-16-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 10:19 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

thanks for the sale! placed my order today.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Received my Snaprest today for my 2018 F150. Quick, easy install--I added some double sided tape and a screw into the factory armrest (optional).

I am 6 ft. tall and it fits me perfectly. Looking forward to my next trip.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:49 PM

i'm still waiting for mine. placed the order 2/14 @ 10am but nothing has arrived 8 days later yet...
Old 02-25-2019, 05:02 PM

mine finally arrived today and apparently the design has changed, and not in a good way imo. not sure if there was some design flaw with the version they advertise or what but for some reason there are now giant push in clips/snaps all around the unit and it is not what is pictured on their site. i have already asked for a return shipping label and a refund for my order, we will see how they handle it. i tried calling them but no one answered.

Old 02-25-2019, 05:08 PM
F150 Forum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The SnapRest Plus (the entry level model, not the premium leather one, which the problem described here does not apply to) was reinforced with the plastic studs temporarily - the first version of the base doesn't have mounting pegs that the holes on the bottom of the molded overlay will snap on thus providing extra bond. We found that literally no adhesive that exists bonds the overlay and the plastic 100% well in all possible weather conditions (some glued failed at low temps, some failed in very high temps inside a heated car parked in AZ sunshine, for example). We already modified our mold of the base to have those pegs, so the rivets will be going away. While the appearance is not as good, this is a temporary solution and if you'd give us a few weeks (we are in queue at the processing plant to have the new base molded) we will be happy to replace the base/pvc layer with one that will not need the rivets because the mechanical bond between pegs on the plastic base and design of the undercut of the molded overlay will be sufficient. Rivets will only remain where the product needs to be strongest, which is inside the door pull, which is completely invisible to the driver.

That is not to say we won't take it back for a refund if you don't want to wait. We will of course do that if that is your wish. You can either return, get a refund, or use this model in the interim and get an upgrade when it's available, or upgrade to the premium leather version (upholstery glues used to bind leather to plastic are well researched and rivets were never used in the premium leather version).

Hope that helps and please do not hesitate to contact me in case of further questions. I’m here to help!
Old 02-26-2019, 05:32 PM

Can you tell me if this looks normal? It seems odd that the front edge would be overhanging the door card so much and there is an equal gap between the door card and the back of your product. It looks as if the base was manufactured improperly and the entire thing is on an angle now not parallel to the armrest on the door card. When I viewed the photos on your site they appear to show the arm rest flush with your product but that obviously ins't the case with mine. I ask because almost every time I have closed my door since installing your product it has fallen out, which seems very strange. I read the other threads where they talked about it possibly coming out but mine comes out every time I close the door.

photo taken from your website:

this is what mine looks like:

Old 02-28-2019, 04:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These are my Snaprests.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:17 AM

an update to my review

snaprest sent me a second unit to replace the first one but it was the same thing. i was told an employee of the company messed up and sent me the same thing a second time instead of the newer version without the plastic rivets. spoke with them again and finally on 4/4/19 they mailed me a 3rd unit, this time a leather one, to replace the previous versions. i am happy to say i no longer have the exposed rivets in my truck and it looks 10 times better. i went with the all black version for aesthetic reasons.

i do want to point out that the defects were purely cosmetic with the first two versions. they still functioned just as they should, they just didn't look like what the site pictured. it does make my long trips much more easier to handle. a few years back i was in a really bad car accident and had reconstructive surgery on my left shoulder. i was constantly changing arm positions prior to the snaprest as my shoulder never fully recovered from the surgery (i am about 80% of the range of motion i previously had and get pains all the time if it is at a funny angle). with the snaprest i recently had a 7 hour round trip drive and everything was great for the rest and my shoulder. essentially it makes both of your arms be at the same level (i have the jump seat, and when folded down both arms are at the same height) and my left arm isn't constantly moving up, down and all around to get comfortable.
The following users liked this post:
HstephenG (03-12-2022)

Quick Reply: SnapRest - The Instant Comfort Armrest