Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCT iTSX

Old 11-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Project: Big Red

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default SCT iTSX

I just got my SCT iTSX device for my 2012 Ford F-150 with the 5.0 and I was curious if any of you around here have used this device yourself. The only reason I am asking is cause I wanted to find out what preloaded tunes show for you when you go into the iPhone app and then also if you were able to change the tire size and gear ratio.

It only shows my preloaded tune for me in the device, but that you can change the actual octane level, so technically I guess there really are 3 preloaded tunes.

That problem really isn't that big of a deal to me cause I plan on getting some custom tunes from 5 Star Tuning, but I wanted to see if the options to change your tire size and gear ratio were opened up to the rest of you who have used this on your 5.0 engine?

I searched on here already and didn't find any good info to go off of on this issue. I emailed their support and they said they would look into it and then never got back to me today.

Hope that some of you can help me out with this problem and issue.

By the way, I will admit that other than those options not being available right now or me not having access to them at this time. It doesn't take away from how awesome this little product is right now. I loaded the tune that is standard from SCT and it made a BIG DIFFERENCE! The truck just responds better overall and I am really happy.

I think it'll take me a long trip to really notice the complete difference, but for right now it's looking good!
Old 12-22-2012, 08:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump for this. I just bought my ford last week and would like to know the same thing. Any idea how many mpgs you have gained?
Old 12-23-2012, 12:19 AM
Project: Big Red

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I actually used the stock tune that comes with the SCT iTSX device and it was ok for the couple of weeks I used it and definitely saw the difference in MPG and just overall performance in the truck.

I can tell you that getting yourself the custom tune from either Mike at 5 Star Tuning or another custom tuner is the way to go cause I did that last month and it had been awesome.

I gained a couple extra MPG and the truck just runs perfectly!
The following users liked this post:
Bou20011 (01-07-2013)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SCT iTSX