Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ROUGH COUNTRY 3 INCH no cut lift.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ROUGH COUNTRY 3 INCH no cut lift.

Hello all. I just purchased a 2017 f150 supercrew and had the ford dealer install a Rough Country 3 inch no cut kit... very basic kit upper control arms rear block and shocks and a 3 inch strut spacer. I have put on 600 miles and it is now going back for a third time. Rough Country blames installer and installer blames rough country. I was wondering if anyone else had any problems with this lift. What is happening is a black spacer that you can see thru the strut spacer is coming loose and making one hell of a noise whens it does. passenger side went first , i got the truck back 5 days later the drivers side did the same thing . Guess what side just lasted 11 miles before it went again... passenger side went again. as i sit here i am waiting for them to come get the truck with a flatbed and im in complete disgust of both the dealership and Rough Country . when i picked up the truck I was amazed by how it rode, it was great but that only lasted 5 days. Rough country said the installer is screwing something up when they put the strut spacer and the provided black spacer , they say that but yet cant say what they are doing wrong. any help would be appreciated . thank you
Old 02-19-2018, 05:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am fixing to buy this same lift for my 2016 and install myself. You ever get it to work?
Old 03-12-2018, 01:39 PM

GreggB how did you make out with you lift? I"m looking at installing the 3" RC lift on my 2015 and I'm looking for reviews from someone that has done this. It sounds like you had problems so I'm wondering if it's the lift or the mechanic ...
Old 03-18-2018, 09:38 PM

I bought a 2015 in November and i am considering the rough country 3” lift kit as well. Keep us posted on how you make out with it
Old 03-29-2018, 01:39 PM

I installed this kit a couple weeks ago. It looks great, but the install isn’t as simple as they say. You’ll need a legit strut compressor. Other than that you can do it all yourself in your garage. It does put the CV joints at an angle that RC says is “acceptable” but I have a road noise at high speeds that I suspect comes from this angle. It’s pretty sharp. If I could go back in time I’d probably just do a leveling kit for the front and call it good.
Old 03-31-2018, 12:02 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Not experiencing any issues with mine.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:11 AM

I had the 3" Rough Country installed on my '15 FX4 a little over a week ago,(went back for the 500 mile retourque yesterday,) and so far I'm very happy with it. It does stiffen up the ride a little but it's definitely tolerable. If it came up I would do it again!
Old 04-01-2018, 10:18 AM

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by GreggB
Hello all. I just purchased a 2017 f150 supercrew and had the ford dealer install a Rough Country 3 inch no cut kit... very basic kit upper control arms rear block and shocks and a 3 inch strut spacer. I have put on 600 miles and it is now going back for a third time. Rough Country blames installer and installer blames rough country. I was wondering if anyone else had any problems with this lift. What is happening is a black spacer that you can see thru the strut spacer is coming loose and making one hell of a noise whens it does. passenger side went first , i got the truck back 5 days later the drivers side did the same thing . Guess what side just lasted 11 miles before it went again... passenger side went again. as i sit here i am waiting for them to come get the truck with a flatbed and im in complete disgust of both the dealership and Rough Country . when i picked up the truck I was amazed by how it rode, it was great but that only lasted 5 days. Rough country said the installer is screwing something up when they put the strut spacer and the provided black spacer , they say that but yet cant say what they are doing wrong. any help would be appreciated . thank you
Did they get it figured out yet?
If so what was the cause?
Old 02-05-2020, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Hilljun
I am fixing to buy this same lift for my 2016 and install myself. You ever get it to work?
i just i stalled thia lift on my 15 f150 it is very bouncy and stiff ride called rc and they say they nver heard of thia before amd tht it might be installed wrong and needs to be align whn i work for the dealer n do this type.of work every day
Old 02-05-2020, 03:41 PM
has left the building

Received 3,377 Likes on 2,464 Posts

Yeah, with that much lift it's going to ride considerably different than stock.
The suspension design has been screwed up by going with this type of lift. The new UCA will help but will not make it 'stock like'.

Quick Reply: ROUGH COUNTRY 3 INCH no cut lift.