Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

roof track installation

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 09:30 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default roof track installation

Hey guys...been awhile but I need a little help if possible...and yes I have searched the forums for the answer...but no luck.
So, I have a set of yakima roof tracks to install on the roof of my 2012 F150 screw. Decided to go with the track system with landing pads, just because that is what is on my camper and they are easy to remove. I have the 54 inch tracks but I made need to cut them down since the roof curves towards the front.
I have been trying to find the pattern for the placement of the plusnuts for my truck. Yakima provided the pattern ( i.e. which holes to skip) when drilling for the track for mid to late 90s...1997 to be specific, but after that they know longer provide this information. I know I need to avoid the pillar area where the roof cross support shows as a bump in the interior and was just wondering if anyone knew the pattern or has installed one of these and knows what pattern to use. I even tried to find a schematic of the roof area to see where stuff is but to no avail. Thanks in advance for your consideration and advice.

Last edited by riverryder; 06-10-2018 at 08:57 PM. Reason: forgot an e
Old 06-11-2018, 06:07 PM

Okay folks...150 views and no one seems to know...I contacted Yakima just a bit ago and they said to unhook the neg. battery cable and just go for it in every hole....obviously they don't know either and I think that is pretty reckless advice. My yakima dealer that I bought the tracks from does not know either. Wow!! So "yes these are the right tracks for your truck but good luck installing them" be careful you might die. Does anyone know how I can get a map of the roof so I can see where stuff is? I guess I am going to have to pull the headliner....man what a pain.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:11 AM

just an update...talked to a ford tech and got a map of the stuff in the roof...gonna drop the headliner just to be sure and put eyes on what is up there....bottom line it can be done as long as you are careful. The End

Quick Reply: roof track installation