Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REVIEW - Line-X Premium Bedliner

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 02:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default REVIEW - Line-X Premium Bedliner

This was my first mod, done 6 days after I got the truck. Definately a recommended first. I didn't get it from factory to save a few bucks.

I got the new premium grade liner Line-X offers. I've seen bedliners fade over time and this is supposed to stay gloss forever. It was $50 more than the standard grade but I also pulled a $25 coupon from Line-X official site so $25 to upgrade, why not?

I'm two months in with this being parked outside, no trees and no bed cover. As expected it's held up. We'll see if I remember to come back and give an update next year.

For the F150 they do what they call "under lip" spray. They don't remove plastic trim, to avoid breaking, and mask off the trim. They spray the metal up to the mask line. It actually turned out very well. I want to say it only took an hour for them to spray. After install you have to leave the tailgate down for a certain amount of time and don't use chemicals/go through car wash for a certain amount of time. It's been awhile so I can't remember exact lengths of time but the installers will tell you. Just plan on not using the bed/tailgate for 24 hours to be safe. Also, the sticker they put on the back window is a good quality adhesive, comes off easy and I was able to stick it on my toolbox as if it was a new sticker.

So far I am pleased with the performance of this liner. Loaded muddy sod, been to the river a couple times with sand/beer/who know's what back there, and due to no bed cover yet bird crap on numerous occasions. All of that has washed out with just a garden hose no problem.

In conclusion, I recommend Line-X premium spray in bedliner

The left side of the picture is the tailgate handle access panel that bolts down sitting on top of the plastic. The right side of the picture they just mask the plastic trim and spray up to it, nearly seamless look afterwards.

Looking underneath the rail pictured above, you can see where the solid spray ends. This area is unfinished from factory (no paint/clearcoat). It's up and out of the way so if anything does scratch up there you won't see it.

Flash on to show overspray detail.

Last edited by Nate_C; 08-03-2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Additional details
Old 08-03-2013, 07:23 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

The only thing better than LINE-X Premium is LINE-X Platinum, but Platinum is for extreme duty.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:48 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Would love to get my new truck done but the lone LineX Memphis dealer is overcharging big time where there is no competition
Old 08-05-2013, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Line-X is actually more expensive than the dealer! $75 more. Both have lifetime warranty and are both good companies.

Color match at dealer $600
Color match Line-X $675
Old 08-05-2013, 08:05 PM
DeerePro

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Love my linex platinum!
Old 08-06-2013, 01:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine done a day or two after I picked it up from the dealer. I inquired about colouring, and although he does it as well (at another shop he owns) he recommended against it if I were going to be using it at all as a "truck". He said it isn't as durable.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ARCHITECT-1
Line-X is actually more expensive than the dealer! $75 more. Both have lifetime warranty and are both good companies.

Color match at dealer $600
Color match Line-X $675

I'd bet that dealer is sending your truck to Line-X. And if you say otherwise, I'd be asking what brand they are spraying. Line-X is the LEADER in Color matching. No one else can match the quality.

Looks awesome!
Old 08-16-2013, 02:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Picture of my color matched Line-X.

REVIEW - Line-X Premium Bedliner-image-3915375622.jpg

Quick Reply: REVIEW - Line-X Premium Bedliner