Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Retrax / Yakima promo...get yours?

Old 04-06-2019, 02:28 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Retrax / Yakima promo...get yours?

*moved this from another session that gets little visibility. Hoping there might be some better feedback here. Thanks.

I'm going to apologize for publicly posting this, but I'm getting nowhere privately.
First and foremost, the dealer I purchased my Pro XR cover was great. I also really like the product and will continue to recommend.
My problem is with a promotion and not seeing it fulfilled. This promotion had it's intended effect and strongly influenced my decision.

When I purchased the cover, there was a great promotion for a Yakima rack and risers. I found great value in this since it provides the functionality I purchased this cover for. My purchase was October, with the rebate form submitted in early November. Rebate form clearly states to allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. Okay, no worries and pretty typical.

Here we are in April and still nothing. Months later. And unfortunately, ZERO proactive communication from the company. I have had to chase this down and have been told they have not been able to get the product. Anticipated deliveries have been given, those dates come and go. Again ZERO communication from Retrax. It's only with me having to chase it down that I get anything.

Has anyone actually received the bars/risers/locks from the promo? I'd really like to understand that.

I am super uncomfortable calling this out publicly. I'm just getting frustrated at this point, especially moving into improved weather and the need for the bars. As a sales professional myself I value communication. I am more than willing to work through delays if you properly set expectations. Proactively. This has not happened.

There are other manufacturers that produce the solution you positioned for the rebate. Maybe you should look to alternatives at this point? Thule has a very similar and comparable product. Maybe you should let customers know. That said, I also know there are some lesser quality products out there and I'd like to be given an option before something is sent.

I cannot stress enough that this is NOT a product issue. I love the cover and functionality it provides. When I had some questions on install, they also promptly supported me.

Please let me know if you have received the rebate items. I'd like to know if it has happened at all. We are almost 6 months after they received my properly completed rebate form. Maybe I expect too much, but I think this is wrong.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:49 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Looking back, I don't see a promo for the bars, risers, locks. I do see a rebate for a RetraxPro MX and RetraxOne MX in August of 2018 though.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Stage4
Looking back, I don't see a promo for the bars, risers, locks. I do see a rebate for a RetraxPro MX and RetraxOne MX in August of 2018 though.
yeah, it was there for sure. Here is one I found with a quick google search. This was the first one, it was then extended through October

https://www.carid.com/images/retrax/...ebate-form.pdf
Old 04-10-2019, 01:38 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Well, I think I know why you didn't get the deal. You said your purchase was in October. The promotion ended Sept 30.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:07 PM

Don’t want to argue, but you clearly didn’t read my response.

“This was the first one, it was then extended through October”

And honestly, do you think I’d come here and post what I did if you were correct? Geesh. I feel no need to justify, but The submission was valid, submitted and accepted.

Last edited by MH150; 04-10-2019 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-15-2019, 07:56 PM

Today I received notice of shipment and an expected arrival date. I'll be glad to see this finally scheduled to arrive.

To be fair, a call to Retrax last week was met with the same guesses, but I think only so much of it was in their control. I'm told there was a very long backorder from Yakima.

More to come...thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Retrax / Yakima promo...get yours?