Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Retrax Pro MX and Customer Service Review

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 11:43 AM

Received 197 Likes on 138 Posts

Default Retrax Pro MX and Customer Service Review

Back when I purchased my truck in 2015 I bought a Retrax Pro MX cover for my bed. Honestly I thought it was a bit overpriced and was a bit annoyed I lost some bed space from the canister (i knew that would happen going into it, the 5.5 bed is just already so short). Anyways flash forward to about 4 weeks ago. One of the canister end caps broke and my cover was jammed. I called retrax, but as I was calling I saw the note in the manual about needing to register your product or your warranty is void. I hadn't registered mine. A nice lady picked up and I explained the situation to her and how I hadn't registered my cover. She said "no problem at all! I just need the number off the cover." I couldn't find that. Maybe it was a decal that washed away or I'm an idiot.....both sound equally likely. I told her that. She said "that's okay, if you could just give me your model number off your receipt I'll send you a new canister" I did that and she happily said it would ship out the next day. Mind you, when I bought the cover I had my local shop sell it to me for $1350 cash but they claimed the warranty would be void because it would below the manufacturers recommended price. Retrax did not void my warranty for price, for lack of registration, or lack of finding proper identification. It was at most a 5 minute phone call with little to no wait and the most pleasant/helpful staff. I will never not buy another Retrax product. They stand behind their product and take care of the customer. I got my cover all fixed up and it works as good as new. Retrax has earned a lifelong customer and whenever anyone asks me how I like my bed cover I tell them it's the best product I ever bought. I've never had a company so willing to take care of the customer despite so many "lacks of verification".

TL;DR: Retrax sells an amazing product has the best customer service I have ever dealt with. I cannot think of a single reason to buy a competitors product.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:28 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

There are at least two companies that I know of that sell rebadged RetraxPro MX covers: LINE-X and Gator. You might check prices, you might get better pricing.

Quick Reply: Retrax Pro MX and Customer Service Review