Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear speakers not working after aftermarket radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question rear speakers not working after aftermarket radio

Hello all! Im new to this forum and new to owning an f150 overall. 2010 f150 xlt supercab to be exact
I recently installed aftermarket speakers for the truck and all was working great with a big smile on my face. I later decided to buy the Sony XAV AX200 stereo about a week ago and all was great until today when i realized my rear speakers werent getting any signal and were quiet while my front speakers were taking all the glory. The rear speakers have not been working since i installed the new stereo i just somehow have not noticed. I took the whole thing apart, looking at diagrams and what not, and it looks like the wires are all connected to the factory harness from the harness i bought vehicle specific from crutchfield.
Anyone have any experience with this issue? I'm positive its something i did wrong but i can not find a resolution.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:14 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

are you absolutely positive the rear speakers were working with the factory radio? i only ask because you said you just now realized they were not working.

check all the normal things like you have started - connections behind the radio and connections at the speakers. the first thing i would check though would be the fader on the radio just to rule out the easiest fix

if you do all that and still have no sound call crutchfield and ask for their help. their customer service is amazing.

Quick Reply: rear speakers not working after aftermarket radio