Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rancho Quicklift vs Bistein 5100's

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 06:23 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Rancho Quicklift vs Bistein 5100's

Okay so I've been looking at leveling kits and the two that have stood out to me are rancho and bilstein. I've read a lot of threads and have seen that it's about 50/50. They both level the truck and can accommodate 35" tires which I am wanting to do, but why the price difference between the two? I can get the two adjustable bilstein shocks for the price of one rancho Quicklift. Is there something between the two I am missing? And if you have a truck with either of these leveling kits with 35" tires I'd love to see them. Thanks!
Old 10-30-2013, 07:24 PM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Sub'ing as I want to do this too.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:24 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

the difference is the quick lifts come all assembled with a new spring. the billsteins re-use your stock springs. cant comment on the tire sizes or the quick lifts but i do love my bilsteins!! they ride great. i have a 2wd and it now rides smoother than stock. the truck feels 100 times better than stock.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:24 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Did you get a complete set or just the front two? And is that new spring worth the extra $200 or so for a set? Thanks for the help!
Old 10-30-2013, 08:36 PM
F150 Forum

Received 235 Likes on 210 Posts

Hey Guys,

We sell both items about equally. Some say the ride on the Bilstein is too stiff (I like it) while others think its great. at 350 a set, the price is hard to beat. They do not come with springs as they reuse the factory ones, which adds a bit of time to the install.

The rancho comes as an assembled unit which is nice and makes install easier. We sell the kit for 539, but if you order before the end of the month there is a rebate from rancho good for about 65 bucks.

The Rancho does have a few levels of dampening adjustment on it so the ride can be stiffer or softer depending on your personal feel and driving conditions. The bilstein valving is preset but provides a tight ride on road and handles bumps excellent.

If I had was putting new shocks on my F150 I would probably go with the Rancho for the ease of install and the cool MyRide controller that is available. I have the 5100s on my personal ride though and love how they perform when Im chasing in Baja or camping.

Either way you are making a big improvement over stock.

Check out the two deal threads we have and let me know if I can answer any questions.

Rancho QuickLift - Wholesale Pricing + Rancho Shocktober Rebate

BILSTEIN 5100 Shock Pricing Cant Be Beat @ TAP Auto Parts!

Thanks
Chas
TAP AUTO
Old 10-30-2013, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by TAP Auto
Hey Guys,

We sell both items about equally. Some say the ride on the Bilstein is too stiff (I like it) while others think its great. at 350 a set, the price is hard to beat. They do not come with springs as they reuse the factory ones, which adds a bit of time to the install.

The rancho comes as an assembled unit which is nice and makes install easier. We sell the kit for 539, but if you order before the end of the month there is a rebate from rancho good for about 65 bucks.

The Rancho does have a few levels of dampening adjustment on it so the ride can be stiffer or softer depending on your personal feel and driving conditions. The bilstein valving is preset but provides a tight ride on road and handles bumps excellent.

If I had was putting new shocks on my F150 I would probably go with the Rancho for the ease of install and the cool MyRide controller that is available. I have the 5100s on my personal ride though and love how they perform when Im chasing in Baja or camping.

Either way you are making a big improvement over stock.

Check out the two deal threads we have and let me know if I can answer any questions.

Rancho QuickLift - Wholesale Pricing + Rancho Shocktober Rebate

BILSTEIN 5100 Shock Pricing Cant Be Beat @ TAP Auto Parts!

Thanks
Chas
TAP AUTO
What's the lift on the Rancho kit?
Old 10-30-2013, 09:20 PM
F150 Forum

The Ride is preset at 2" on the rancho, where as the Bilstein has 3 height settings.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:23 PM

Hmm...so top on Rancho is 2 and 2.5 on Bilstein? That concerns me. I want to make sure I am level....not sure if 2 will get me there. Probably need to measure but, any more lift on the Rancho?
The following users liked this post:
Old 10-30-2013, 09:31 PM
F150 Forum

Some users of the Rancho with the bigger engines and crew cabs dont see the full 2". If you are going for more height, the Bilstein is the trick.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by TAP Auto
Some users of the Rancho with the bigger engines and crew cabs dont see the full 2". If you are going for more height, the Bilstein is the trick.
I have 5.0 engine super cab not crew. I'm thinking you might be right as much as I like the Rancho. Just want to be sure of making level.

So to check to see what I need I need to measure from center of wheel to bottom of fender front and back. The difference from rear to front is the amount I need to lift correct?

I'm looking for a decent light off road and eventually trailer my Shelby around leveling kit.

Quick Reply: Rancho Quicklift vs Bistein 5100's