Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible Cracking/Flexing Issue with 6" Lift from Fabtech with cross member bracket

Old 01-16-2018, 05:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Possible Cracking/Flexing Issue with 6" Lift from Fabtech with cross member bracket

I have a 2017 F150 Lariat and has only 3k miles on the lift installed by dealer.

I am noticing some cracking, rusting and possible bending/flexing where the cross member drop bracket meets the suspension. On kits like Pro Comp they come with 2 bars that brace this bracket against the frame. However Fabtech does not have these bars and after only 3k miles I am noticing some cracking and rusting possibly some flexing.

Just wondering if this is normal or will this get worse and possibly quickly where I need to have this looked at.

There is lots of salt from a recent snow fall and they put brine all over the roads, I will try to get a better picture once rinsed off. Don't want the salt to stay on too long.

See images.
Front of vehicle is to the left and this is looking under the left/driver front fender into the suspension.

Last edited by moodyj; 01-17-2018 at 07:45 AM. Reason: updated some spelling and added in comment about more pictures when cleaned

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Possible Cracking/Flexing Issue with 6" Lift from Fabtech with cross member bracket