Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM strategy code retrieval

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 08:18 AM
2012 FX2 5.0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM strategy code retrieval

I have decided to get an SCT tuner and custom tunes from MPT. I can not receive my tunes by email. I called MPT and they said they could send me the tuner with the tunes installed but I have to provide them with my PCM strategy code. How do I get that without having the tuner in hand? Can a mechanic access this or can a buddy with a tuner retrieve this? Thank you.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:03 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Lightbulb

FFT ...

Eenie meenie chilli beanie,
the spirits are about to speak!

And the year, model, cab, trim, engine, wheelbase, _x4 drive, etc. of your F-150 is ?????

HINT/TIP: Put your vehicle information in your sig' -OR- provide it in your posting(s).

*Telepathic or Carnac we're not.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:42 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Casper1980
I have decided to get an SCT tuner and custom tunes from MPT. I can not receive my tunes by email. I called MPT and they said they could send me the tuner with the tunes installed but I have to provide them with my PCM strategy code. How do I get that without having the tuner in hand? Can a mechanic access this or can a buddy with a tuner retrieve this? Thank you.
It's on the PCM under your hood , the first 5or6 number/letters on the PCM..
Old 09-17-2015, 12:31 PM

Received 223 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by FX4RubyRed
It's on the PCM under your hood , the first 5or6 number/letters on the PCM..
Do not trust this. They do not update the sticker if they change the strategy code.

MPT will send you your tuner with the canned tunes. You plug the tuner in and it will read the strategy code. Send this strategy code to MPT, and they will email you your custom tunes.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:27 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by lewis26
Do not trust this. They do not update the sticker if they change the strategy code.

MPT will send you your tuner with the canned tunes. You plug the tuner in and it will read the strategy code. Send this strategy code to MPT, and they will email you your custom tunes.
THIS^

5* does the same thing.
Old 09-18-2015, 09:04 PM
2012 FX2 5.0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My computers are all Apple. I called MPT. They said to give them a fully filled out custom tune form at time of purchase and they would load the tunes on the programmer before they shipped it. My pcm strategy code is the only thing I don't have. My buddy has a mustang with an SCT tuner. Can he retrieve my code?
Old 09-19-2015, 05:07 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by Casper1980
My computers are all Apple. I called MPT. They said to give them a fully filled out custom tune form at time of purchase and they would load the tunes on the programmer before they shipped it. My pcm strategy code is the only thing I don't have. My buddy has a mustang with an SCT tuner. Can he retrieve my code?
Possibly, he would have to un-marry it from his car and then only if it has any unlocks left on it.

Would be easier and less intrusive if you just got a cheap windows pc or tablet, I just bought a factory refurb Dell 10" tablet with win 7 for about $100.

Or you could run a win emulator on your system, http://www.macwindows.com/emulator.html

Quick Reply: PCM strategy code retrieval