Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Niffy trick for Bakflip users

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 03:39 PM

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Niffy trick for Bakflip users

Anyone who has a BakFlip Cover knows they have drain tubes. And to route them out the bottom plugs.

Well i came up with something different.

Pop your cap where you can install tie down rings(on the bed rail) and you will be able to do something like this.

I cut the hose shorter as u would need a smaller diameter hose to fit between the metal that is in there. So i just ran it into the opening water will just drip down like would coming out drain plugs.

Also don't have to worry about anything ripping the hose as its a smaller profile.

All that oily looking residue is AMSOIL (MPHD) Heavy duty metal protector. Thought well i had the area open might as well spray top side to help fit against rust as must as i can. Had just sprayed the area then took pic its all dry now and looks like normal.

Now i have the VP and hardly get any water in. But sometimes would get few drips down the tubes. So i thought to keep it extra dry i would run it like this.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:18 PM

Received 58 Likes on 33 Posts

Nice! thanks for sharing. I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at in pics 2 and 3
Old 10-17-2012, 04:25 PM

Pic 2 and 3(one has flash other does not) is the hose going threw the box in between the box and your outter shell of the bed. Those spots are right where you would put aftermarket tie down points on top the bed rails.(just showing how the hose will go into that area)

if you where to pop the tops at the 4 corners of your bed(on the rails) what you would see under neath
Old 12-01-2012, 01:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks professional. I have an Extang cover with similar drain tubes. I was also a litle concerned about how it wold be with the tube when I carry dirty stuff like manure or sand and gravel. I saw that the tubes perfectly fit a large plastic water bottle. So after the rains, I just pour it out. It's low tech, but works well, and no holes anywhere.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm nice tip. So just to be clear, by running the tubes into where you would mount ladder carrying attachments or tie down hardware (as your photos indicate) - the water gets diverted out of the bed?

Right now I have mine going into bottles/buckets because the dealer installed bed liner makes it impossible to drill into the plastic ovals you are supposed to run to the tubes to without removing the bed liner.

I could probably line up the drill into these side holes easier. I'm assuming those holes are there already, or did you drill into the metal? I'll have to look in the morning.

Last edited by dahadster; 01-22-2013 at 11:59 PM. Reason: stuff
Old 01-23-2013, 03:04 PM

Correct water drains out the tube into that tie down spot. And its open all way down to the ground from there. So will drip right out onto the ground.

Quick Reply: Niffy trick for Bakflip users