Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help from painters, what happened?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 05:14 PM

Received 185 Likes on 179 Posts

Default Need help from painters, what happened?

So I bought this headache rack, I asked the guy to paint it, long story short he did a **** poor job, it started rusting, so I sanded everything down, put two coats of primer, 3 coats of VHS chassis high temp gloss black, and two coats of clear coat. I just climbed on top of my truck today, and I noticed these weird bubble like things. I figured it was the clear coat peeling, but nothing is raised at all, I can not dig my fingernail in it to chip it, I even used my knife and it wouldn't chip like it did on my canopy when the clear coat came off. When I painted and clear coated it, the weather was good for 2-3 days, so I would imagine everything was good and dry, as you can tell, today it has been raining. it is just discolored, no raising, no peeling, no nothing. I am stumped, what just happened, and what do I need to do?

Old 11-22-2014, 06:40 PM

Received 185 Likes on 179 Posts

I just went out again, and noticed it was dissipating on the sides, but I didn't know if they where as big on the sides, so I went up on top, and the discoloration starts to go away.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did you use for a cleaner before priming and painting? Also what was the weather like when you did it?

Last edited by Painterman89; 11-24-2014 at 11:08 AM. Reason: add things
Old 11-25-2014, 12:06 AM

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Red-Ford
I just went out again, and noticed it was dissipating on the sides, but I didn't know if they where as big on the sides, so I went up on top, and the discoloration starts to go away.
Looks like some water mark burn, do you park your truck outside at night?

Quick Reply: Need help from painters, what happened?