Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Stampede Products and Autoanything.com Experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 08:02 PM
Happy new owner

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default My Stampede Products and Autoanything.com Experience

Let me just first start off as saying everyone has their own experience with a certain company, some good and some bad. This is my experience and I thought I'd share it with everyone so they might learn from it.

I purchased a Stampede Hood Protector for my 2013 F-150 from Autoanything.com on May 24th and it was delivered on the 12th of June. I find some time to install it thinking its going to be pretty easy on the 25th of June but it just doesn't want to go on the truck properly. If your interested in what was wrong with the hood protector I received the thread is https://www.f150forum.com/f7/stamped...lation-264439/

So here's what happened in point form as typing it all out would be pages:

- Emailed Stampede about the issue including pictures and a very detailed description. Never heard back
- Couple days later I called Stampede, all agents are busy and I didn't have a choice to wait so I left a message with my name, number and issue. Never heard back
- Couple days later I called Autoanything.com and described the issue and how I had tried to get ahold of Stampede Products. They said send us the pictures and we'll try and get ahold of Stampede Products.
- Couple days later I get an email from Stampede Products asking for my phone so an engineer can get ahold of me. I emailed them back with my phone number and the hours I would be at work.
- Engineer calls me the same day (which was surprising). Nice guy, says yes we want to make this right. I ask that he send me the measurements of a stock one or maybe a photo of one so I can see if mine is defective or I am just dumb and can't install a simple hood protector. He says yup, no problem I'll call you tomorrow.
- Well a couple of days go by and still no call so I reply to the first email from Stampede just saying that I haven't heard back and I'm following up. Engineer emails me back the next day with a picture of a stock hood protector and it turns out mine is defective. So they tell me to give them an address to send me a new one. Great!
- I email them saying I am moving in the next couple of weeks. If you can get it here before the 17th send to my current address, anything after that send it to my new address. Let me know where you send it please.
- Never hear back, so follow up with them again. They reply with a tracking number and low and behold they send it to my current address and it will arrive on the 21st after I move. So for me to pick it, I would have to drive 12 hours.
- I email them again! I won't be able to get it as I'll have moved can you call fedex and change the address. Never heard back
- So I call Autoanything.com again, explain the situation and they say they'll get ahold of them and get this sorted out and we'll call you on Monday (this being a Friday) with the results. Never heard back
- Called Autoanything.com a week later to follow up, they had no idea what I was talking about, I had to re-explain the whole situation again just to have them tell me theres nothing they can do.

I have now spent $100 on a defective hood deflector I can't use, spent at least 8 hours calling and trying to install the thing. None of this from what I can see is my error yet I just flushed time and money down the toilet. I can safely say that I will never support Stampede Products again or order from Autoanything.com again. Take from this experience what you will, this is just my experience and I'm not saying it will be yours or anyones. Sometimes you just get ****ed
The following users liked this post:
FLiPinoy916 (07-25-2014)
Old 07-25-2014, 08:55 PM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Sorry to hear this man. Appreciate u sharing the feedback. I believe there is a section on here for reviews, maybe post there as well so that it helps others. I too just went through 9 months of waiting and posted my experience, not with same vendor but yeah, it's a bit discouraging especially when I'm trying to support our local vendors and stuff like this happens.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:33 PM
Your Mod Superstore!

Received 167 Likes on 151 Posts

We are sorry to hear about the service (lack there of) that you have received from AutoAnything. I would like to do what I can to help remedy the situation for we do value our Customers. I am going to send you a PM to obtain more information from you regarding this order.

Tom
AutoAnything
Old 07-29-2014, 07:11 PM
Happy new owner

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Well Tom from Autoanything.com was nice enough to sort this out and help me out a lot. I really appreciate him taking the time to do this and hopefully they can let Stampede Products know they really need to work on their customer service.
The following users liked this post:
AutoAnything (07-29-2014)

Quick Reply: My Stampede Products and Autoanything.com Experience