Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSD Coil Packs

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 02:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MSD Coil Packs

Hey yall!
i hope this is the right place ask since i am looking at an aftermarket part.

Got a 2006 f150 with the 5.4L 3V and its time for plugs and i want to replace the coil packs all at the same time as well. i plan on pulling the motor hopefully this year for a full build, getting it ready for a twin screw whipple and possibly a 75-100 shot of spray.

now my questions is, has anyone run MSD Coil Packs on this motor? i plan on sticking with motorcraft spark plugs

**the truck is not my daily, it was until i got my work truck and now i can start to have my real fun with it. i have goals for it and the rest of the truck/build, so no negativity please, asking for opinions on the MSD Coil Packs and any input on them will be much much appreciated. i have a build thread going in Member Builds
Old 04-11-2017, 01:30 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have had the MSD coil packs on for about a year and I've put about 10 to12,000 miles on them and no problems. My brother has had them for about two years and he has had no problems and it's his daily driver.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MSD for me..

Looked at Accel and MSD for my 2000 5.2 2v. After my #3 coil pack died I replaced them all with MSD coil packs and Motorcraft plugs. 2000 miles no problems ( knock on wood ).