Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow vs Corsa

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 07:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Magnaflow vs Corsa

have a 2013 5.0 and replaced the muffler with an 18" SI/SO magnaflow. It's been on there for 40k miles and it's been good. However, I'm not completely satisfied with the sound. The volume is fine (a hair louder wouldn't be bad) but it's the tone I'm not thrilled about.
It doesn't drone which is the most important with a 1yr old and wife and with towing a 4k lb bay boat a lot. After listening to some of the corsa sound clips, I'm left wanting more from my exhaust. With the magnaflow I feel that it takes too much throttle to wake up the sound. When it does it's fine but I don't want to have to get to 3k rpms to get it. Accelerating too slow it's quiet and in between yields a "boggy/drone" sound that to me doesn't sound good. Has anyone switched from magnaflow to corsa? Is the sport or DB exhaust worth the $$$ when I already have a magnaflow? I still want to keep the same moderate sound level and no drone but add a little more V8 to the note.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:28 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Getting a custom tune will change the tone of the exhaust, make it deeper without being louder most noticeable at idle and cruise. Timing changes are why.