Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 07:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Magnaflow exhaust

I have an 04 F150 with a 5.4. I have true dualed flowmaster 40s, and I am getting the truck tuned so i cut the cats out. The truck sounds terrible. It makes a bad popping noise under throttle. Will a magnaflow muffler stop it from popping?
Old 02-24-2011, 09:40 AM

Received 165 Likes on 69 Posts

Does it have a cross over, what size is the pipe, and does it do it more cold? These factors have a lot more to do with the popping. The terrible sound is just the flows. Borla or Magnaflow will sound better but isn't guaranteed to stop the popping.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:03 AM

your best best would be to stick some high flow cats in there. Anything will pop a lot without any cats. Also, do you have at least 2.5" pipe? Thats stock size btw so if you haven't changed it your good there. Magnaflow and such will stil pop some but from the systems i've heard, not near as much as flowmaster. I too hate the popping sound, I have generic glasspacks and don't have hardly any, but i still have my cats for now until i hollow the rears.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:08 PM

Yeah I've got 2.5" pipes. So if i put the resonators back in with the magnaflows will it make it stop popping?

Quick Reply: Magnaflow exhaust