Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud good sounding mufflers! MUST SEE

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Loud good sounding mufflers! MUST SEE

Hello. I have a 5.4 xlt... I want to dump the exhaust and I want it loud! Inside and outside! I want something loud as the flowmaster 10s but I don't want the drone! Or the chance of getting a bad drone.... What mufflers are this loud I want a deep sound and raspy... I know with loud you get drone but I don't want headaches from it my average driving speed is like 55 out here in the contry... but what muffler will help me achieve the aggressive sound I want!?

Thanks for your time and please post a comment!

Forgot to mention would a magnaflow bet loud enough? What about the magnaflow XL ? I and going to get a down turn 10" after the muffler...

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU!
Old 09-29-2013, 11:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Borla 40085 on my 2011 5.0 and it sounds AMAZING!! I get drone only going 70+ and when accelerating but other than that it's quiet but when I step on it all I can say is !!!! I think it has the loudness you would want but without a ton of drone but like you said the louder you want it the more likely you are going to get some. The best part is stepping on it when going through a tunnel!
Old 09-30-2013, 05:14 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

My buddy has one on his 6.0 rig, and it sounds pretty deep. By the way, try searching on Youtube to give you an ideas about the sound of different mufflers.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Borla

Originally Posted by VT_Masters_14
I have a Borla 40085 on my 2011 5.0 and it sounds AMAZING!! I get drone only going 70+ and when accelerating but other than that it's quiet but when I step on it all I can say is !!!! I think it has the loudness you would want but without a ton of drone but like you said the louder you want it the more likely you are going to get some. The best part is stepping on it when going through a tunnel!

SOLD! Borla sound sooo good! They have a nice deep tone.... Ordering one this weekend!

thank you'

Quick Reply: Loud good sounding mufflers! MUST SEE