Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for anyone with circuit knowledge

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 12:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default looking for anyone with circuit knowledge

Does anyone know how to make a temporary power circuit? I'm trying to run an electric exhaust cutout with a on/off switch on to open, off to close instead of te temporary toggle switch that it came wit. Using a five pin relay I know I can make the electric motor in the cutout open and close with an on/off switch but without a way for the power to stop It would constantly be sending power to make the motor go forward or reverse and burn it out so I need a way to make it stop sending power after around 2 seconds. any ideas?
Old 05-19-2014, 07:04 AM

Received 96 Likes on 63 Posts

Why couldn't you use a momentary rocker switch?
Old 05-19-2014, 08:08 AM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by DesertRacer
Does anyone know how to make a temporary power circuit? I'm trying to run an electric exhaust cutout with a on/off switch on to open, off to close instead of te temporary toggle switch that it came wit. Using a five pin relay I know I can make the electric motor in the cutout open and close with an on/off switch but without a way for the power to stop It would constantly be sending power to make the motor go forward or reverse and burn it out so I need a way to make it stop sending power after around 2 seconds. any ideas?
Hi.

Time-delay relay - many avaialble on Fleabay, etc ...

One example: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/off-delay-timer-12v

Or build yer own - example:

http://www.bowdenshobbycircuits.info...tm#relay_i.gif

good luck
MGD

Quick Reply: looking for anyone with circuit knowledge