Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for advice on a cold air intake

Old 02-06-2015, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for advice on a cold air intake

Hey everyone, I just bought a 2008 FX4 Crew Cab with a luxury package. I've got to say its pretty nice having the center console and heated seats. My previous truck was a 2006 XLT extended cab. It had a leveling kit and I put a K&N cold air on it and loved it. My buddy got a Volant for his truck and is pretty happy with it. My question is, does anyone have any recommendations for cold air intakes?
Old 02-08-2015, 03:47 PM

K&N Cold Air Intake, I recently put one in my truck and love it. Better response and way better gas mileage on highway for me. I have no complaints with the K&N CIA.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I just installed the Airaid CAI kit on mine today. Have used them before on other vehicles with great success. This time though I went with the dry filter to see how it works. Performance is still the same but is supposed to be easier to maintain and no issue with the filter oil messing with the MAF. Honestly they all perform pretty evenly from my research.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:49 PM

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

I have a 2013 with 13k miles on it, so becauseofthe warranty issues, I went with the Banks Cold Air Intake. Very happy with it.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:54 PM

I'll have to check out the Airaid, I loved my K&N on my 2006. The only issue I had with it was it came off once and I was sucking in unfiltered air for maybe up to 20 miles before I checked under the hood when my alternator died...
Old 02-13-2015, 11:43 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Search Gotts Mod
Old 02-14-2015, 01:22 PM

Go with Roush. Can't go wrong. Have one on my truck and love it.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't had any experience with Roush, but K&N and Airaid are both sound choices. I don't think you could go wrong with either one really. One consideration may be budgetary - I've shopped for Airaid CAIs and found that they go for anything form $190 (CDN) to about $430. The K&Ns I've looked at were a little cheaper at about $180 to about $360. Not really that much of a difference but I know every little bit helps. Best of luck!
Old 02-19-2015, 12:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the AirRaid as well and have had it on for about 14 months; mileage is a little better, throttle response is much improved, and the intake noise at WOT is priceless; I gave a friend from work (BIG car/truck/motorcyle guy) a ride home one day, and when I put my foot into it he jumped up and said "Holy **** - what was that?" He thought I had put an exhaust on my truck without telling him.
As a side note, my first trip with my truck was with this installed, going from central VA to upper PA, where I picked up a UHaul trailer filled with about 4500 - 4800 lbs of my inlaws "stuff". Anyone that has travelled through Scranton PA will know the big uphill on I81 southbound; just for kicks I punched it going up hill (with the trailer) and backed out when I hit 85 - 90; the 5 liter motor just roared up that hill!

Kevin L

Originally Posted by majikmike69
Well I just installed the Airaid CAI kit on mine today. Have used them before on other vehicles with great success. This time though I went with the dry filter to see how it works. Performance is still the same but is supposed to be easier to maintain and no issue with the filter oil messing with the MAF. Honestly they all perform pretty evenly from my research.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for advice on a cold air intake