Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lomax Tri fold cover & Bak Revolver x2 cover

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lomax Tri fold cover & Bak Revolver x2 cover

Hey Guys, I'm down to these two hard covers for my 2015 Ford f150 and I need your help. Any feedback would be great. How do they perform in the winter months with snow and ice? How do they perform in the heat of summer? Are they so hot to touch that it makes it difficult to fold or roll them up? Has anyone had them around 3 years and they still like them and are holding up well? Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 12-04-2017, 10:10 AM

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts

Both of these covers are of great quality. The Access LoMax is fairly new to the market and has been a big hit. The Revolver X2 is a revamped version of the original Roll-X. In terms of advice, I would say that it really depends where you are located and what you plan on using the cover for. Typically I would recommend going with Access for the soft style covers and BAK Industries for the hard style, as they specialize in that niche and have many patents on their designs. Both will work great in the heat and sunlight, without hot to the touch being an issue. We’ve sold Revolvers through the United States as well as Canada and they have done well in freezing temperatures. I’ve had some calls saying that the latches were a little rough to pop loose in freezing temperatures, but that seems to be a hit or miss considering how many are sold daily.
The following 2 users liked this post by Truck Brigade:
Gavinxx2 (12-06-2017), geno8769 (07-11-2018)
Old 12-04-2017, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Truck Brigade
Both of these covers are of great quality. The Access LoMax is fairly new to the market and has been a big hit. The Revolver X2 is a revamped version of the original Roll-X. In terms of advice, I would say that it really depends where you are located and what you plan on using the cover for. Typically I would recommend going with Access for the soft style covers and BAK Industries for the hard style, as they specialize in that niche and have many patents on their designs. Both will work great in the heat and sunlight, without hot to the touch being an issue. We’ve sold Revolvers through the United States as well as Canada and they have done well in freezing temperatures. I’ve had some calls saying that the latches were a little rough to pop loose in freezing temperatures, but that seems to be a hit or miss considering how many are sold daily.

thanks for the help, I greatly appreciate it. I'm in Kentucky btw.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:19 PM
Been there, done that

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Lomax is a no-brainer. Do a search, and you'll see the reveiws are pretty much all positive. It's good-looking, secure, doesn't leak, and comes off in less than 30 seconds with two people... same for re-install.
The following users liked this post:
Gavinxx2 (12-06-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by ExF100Guy
The Lomax is a no-brainer. Do a search, and you'll see the reveiws are pretty much all positive. It's good-looking, secure, doesn't leak, and comes off in less than 30 seconds with two people... same for re-install.
Thanks for the advice!
Old 12-05-2017, 06:26 PM

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

There is a newer version of the BAK Revolver X2 coming in the first quarter of 2018. It will be the Revolver X4. There is a video of. It from Sema 2017 that was held recently.
Gavinxx2 (12-06-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by jason430
There is a newer version of the BAK Revolver X2 coming in the first quarter of 2018. It will be the Revolver X4. There is a video of. It from Sema 2017 that was held recently.

I saw that video today actually, thanks for the heads up!
Old 12-05-2017, 07:06 PM

I just came upon this video as well. It looks exactly like the BAK Revolver x2 but is Ford Branded and made by a company called Rev. I don't understand how they can get away with this because it looks identical.

I like the logo on the inside and I also like the mounting location of the cinch strap better on this Ford version compared to the X2. I was wondering if they change the location on the X4. From the sema video it looks like they aren't but that may not be the final product.

In case you haven't figured it out I'm also on the market for one!
Gavinxx2 (12-06-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 07:19 PM

Sorry. Forgot the link!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3BsOINT4RXY
Gavinxx2 (12-06-2017)
Old 12-06-2017, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by jason430
Sorry. Forgot the link!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3BsOINT4RXY

wow! Thanks for sharing. I hadn't seen that one but you're right it's exactly like the bak revolver 2. They had to have licensed it to ford. I agree, I really like the Ford emblem on the inside as well as on top but don't know that I'll pay the price difference for it. Very cool none the less!