Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lock lug removel

Old 05-22-2018, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lock lug removel

Hi, so when I purchased the truck, it had the wheels and lock logs already included. Someone decided to steal the key out of my truck one night and u need new tires. I'd tried searching for a key online and at a bunch of wheel stores with no luck. I've tried vise grips and pounding a socket on one of lugs without that working either. I'd rather not drill them out unless I have no other options. The wheels are Halo, but I don't kow if the lugs are halo brand. I've attached pictures of the lock lug.

Old 05-23-2018, 12:08 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

use a cutoff wheel to slice a line into the face of it, essentially making it a giant screw.

drill a hold through it near the end but going behind the face. you can then stick something through and unscrew it.

lastly, take it to a wheel place and have them do it.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:39 AM

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

Almost same situation here when I bought my used 2010 screw back in 2013. Lock nut key was nowhere to be found in the truck and previous owner said he didn't have it. I bought a lock nut removal kit from ebay. Something similar to this Kit. I hammered the one that was fitting most closely to my lock nut and used an impact to unscrew it. This is the easy part. Much harder to punch out the lock nut from the socket in order to do the next wheel but there is a punch pin for that in the kit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lock lug removel