Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line-X Texture: Premium vs Standard

Old 04-05-2018, 01:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Line-X Texture: Premium vs Standard

Hi All!

Just bought a new truck and I am looking at Line-X but I am not sure about getting premium or standard. I know about and don't care about the UV protection, I will have a cover. However, the installer I am talking to (which unfortunately is not local since I live in the sticks) is talking about how the premium is a bit "smoother" than the standard.

The texture of spray ins is something I don't particularly care for. I like the anti-slip but the texture seems to make it hard to clean out and rough on hands and knees. Since I do both "dirty" loads (dirt, mulch, etc.) to "clean" loads (furniture, camping gear, etc.) pretty frequently I'd like something easy to clean.I've never had a spray in before, so I really don't know how well they work for the things I want to do.

Anyone with experience that can give me some advice? Thanks!
Old 04-06-2018, 09:59 AM

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

I am taking mine in the for the premium on Monday. The guy I talked to said the premium has something sprayed over it that makes it easier to clean.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I don't know ow anything about premium, but I've had the original (aka standard) on the I side if my Jeep for 14 years and have zero complaints .They can change the texture when they spray it. The floor of my Jeep is one texture, but the door sills are smoother intentionally . I just picked up and '18 lariat and it's going in for standard in a week. Couldn't justify the extra $$ for the premium when the standard has been so good to me
Old 04-07-2018, 10:31 PM
TOTM Sept. '18

Received 3,057 Likes on 1,685 Posts

I got a Premium a few weeks ago. The installer had what they called a special for $75 for the premium upgrade. It came out nice.

Mike
Old 05-02-2018, 03:34 PM
El Borracho

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

I got the Line X Premium. I've only had it for about 2 months and so far so good. Salesman told me the premium was less prone to fading with time.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:59 PM

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Had the premium sprayed in mine last week Final result was a nice smooth, relatively non-slip surface.

Old 05-02-2018, 06:10 PM

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by sierrafast
I got the Line X Premium. I've only had it for about 2 months and so far so good. Salesman told me the premium was less prone to fading with time.
That is what I was told also and the premium has more of a gloss over the standard.
A dealer here had both in the lot for me to look at.
I got the wife's f150 done 2 weeks ago with the premium. I ordered mine from Ford with the spray in bed liner.

Herb
Old 05-02-2018, 07:16 PM
F150 Jr Vendor

Received 1,297 Likes on 903 Posts

I had to clean fuel and oil on my premium and it cleaned up well. So far so good.

Serving the forum for over 8 years

Brands we sell include: Kicker, NavTV, PAC, CARiD, Dayton, Second Skin, Audio Control, Skar Audio, JL Audio, Focal and more.
PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:50 AM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by HWill
That is what I was told also and the premium has more of a gloss over the standard.
A dealer here had both in the lot for me to look at.
I got the wife's f150 done 2 weeks ago with the premium. I ordered mine from Ford with the spray in bed liner.

Herb
The parent company that owns LINE-X also owns the company that installs the Ford bedliner (Ground Effects Limited). The Ford bedliner product is not the same formula as LINE-X bedliners. The Ford bedliner is about half as thick as LINE-X, is not UV protected like LINE-X Premium, and is not quite as strong as LINE-X.

Last edited by Stage4; 05-03-2018 at 01:09 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:42 PM
TOTM Sept. '18

Received 3,057 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by Stage4
The parent company that owns LINE-X also owns the company that installs the Ford bedliner (Ground Effects Limited). The Ford bedliner product is not the same formula as LINE-X bedliners. The Ford bedliner is about half as thick LINE-X, is not UV protected like LINE-X Premium, and is not quite as strong as LINE-X.
If the installer follows the LINE-X procedure correctly they do a much better job IMO preparing the bed for the coating. A few factory Ford liners have been peeled up and below the liner is shiny paint.

I'll admit this information is outside of the scope of a the OP's question. This video sold me on the LINE-X vs Factory Ford bed liner. I ordered my truck so I had a choice.

Mike

Last edited by OCMike; 05-03-2018 at 12:57 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Line-X Texture: Premium vs Standard