Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line-X or BedRug - Set Me Straight

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 11:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Line-X or BedRug - Set Me Straight

I have an appointment to get my bed Line-X'd on Friday morning, but I keep looking at the BedRug and thinking I want one. Problem is I am afraid of destroying.

I am more of a weekender and will be using my truck to haul dirt, stone and mulch for landscaping projects. Outside of landscaping I do a lot of woodwork (Trim, Crown, Built-in, the soon to be started finished basement) around the house. The rest of the time my FX4 is used as family car and sits in the parking deck at my real job.

I am not to concerned about the wood or sitting on parking deck at work , but am I going to ruin the thing by putting topsoil back there?

Someone kick me in the nards and straighten me out...
Old 05-04-2010, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude, linex all the way. if it chips u can get free touchups. also if your hauling wood and dirt a lot you need something rugged. not a damn bedrug. deff linex all day long
Old 05-04-2010, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your a do it yourself person do herculiner its way more cost effective. I did it to mine and have had not chiping and its been on for three years so far. It takes about 2.5-3hrs and then a few more to dry.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:00 AM

Received 337 Likes on 213 Posts

I have a bedrug myself, but if I used my truck like you plan to, I'd get the LineX. I had one in a previous truck and loved it.

I wouldn't go the herculiner route. PITA and won't look nearly as good.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Herculiner really isn't that much of a pain, and you can make it look nice if you take your time. Line-X is more durable and I'm not sure what Line-X quoted you for a price but you'll definitely save some money doing it yourself. Either way, a bedrug would be a horrible decision if you plan on hauling any wood/dirt.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the replies guys!

Not sure I would try Herculiner myself, there are some thing I am very comfortable in doing myselg (wood and landscaping) but the thought of potential messing up the finish on my less than a week old truck does not really excite me. And lets just say if I did mess it up I would be wishing I bought the bed rug since I would be sleeping in the truck bed.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:06 AM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Bedrug is good for light to moderate duty. Most stuff will wash out but the knap can stain. Twigs, leaves, etc. do not easily wash out. The knap can also tear if you throw stuff in the bed.

LINE-X (more durable than Herculiner) is 100% solids (no solvents) and dealers apply about 8 gallons. Herculiner is only 72% solids (28% are solvents that evaporate away). So, to get the same thickness as a LINE-X bedliner, you'll need to buy 11 or 12 gallons of Herculiner.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:04 PM
The One and Only

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Line-x!!
Old 05-11-2010, 12:32 PM
BLOWN club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how much do they want to line-x your truck? im thinking about getting mine done and am curious how much

thanks
Old 05-11-2010, 05:16 PM
The One and Only

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RoushNitemare
how much do they want to line-x your truck? im thinking about getting mine done and am curious how much

thanks
When I priced mine, it was $440 and that was under the rails and I have the Screw shorty short bed...

Quick Reply: Line-X or BedRug - Set Me Straight