Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift, Tires, and Rims

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift, Tires, and Rims

Hey guys I'm new to the forums but have been browsing them for some time now. And I have a few questions, so first off I know I want to lift my truck which is a '04 FX4 and im pretty sure im gonna put a 6in rough country on it with 35X12.5r17 but i dont know what brand of tires would be best and what type of rims would look the best all together im trying to keep it right around 3000$ so the truck is also dark blue. Thanks
Old 10-24-2012, 07:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hard to answer for you what will 'look best.' The real question is what will look best to you. Same for tire brands. You should first analyze your needs versus your wants. Do you need tires for primarily highway use, highway-offroad, or more offroad use. Check out the available lift kits and reviews too. Finally, search for wheels that are pictured on a similarly configured ride; perhaps using Google's picture-search option to get an idea. Good luck in your choices. That's half of the fun!
Old 10-24-2012, 07:54 PM

Tires are gonna be mostly road but some offroad and another question i had was if i want 17" rims to run 35X12.5 what would be the best width for the rim?
Old 10-25-2012, 06:51 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just added 20 by 8.5s and shoed them with BFG Rugged Terrain T/As. They're equally excellent on or off-road. Haven't used them in the snow but I've heard great things about their snow and rain grip. Mounted and balanced, they ran me $900.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Nero
I just added 20 by 8.5s and shoed them with BFG Rugged Terrain T/As. They're equally excellent on or off-road. Haven't used them in the snow but I've heard great things about their snow and rain grip. Mounted and balanced, they ran me $900.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4FFWv8kx1A
Ya I'm lookin at 17 inch rims mainly just tryin to get a good estimate and narrow my choices down and to get other peoples input and where to look for good deals. But i have seen some with 20's and they looked nice so im not completely sure yet.

Quick Reply: Lift, Tires, and Rims