Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leveling kits

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 12:03 PM
To the dirt mud and trees

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Leveling kits

Hello any one can you help me, I really want to get a levelling kit for my 12 eb xlt off road tow I'm just wondering about any problems with putting a kit in I herd about pulling to one side and wobble in the steering wheel I want to know if there's any other issues and what brand you used thx for the input
Old 10-07-2012, 03:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I noticed an increased wobble in the steering in my 05 XLT with a 2.5" HellBent Steel (eBay company) on bumps going from a higher to a lower surface on the road but nothing too terrible. I have actually since removed my leveling kit because I had my front CV boot covers continue to tear (3 times) which was bout $150 a pop to repair but honestly I think it was my installation. I had a friend install it and he had to use a pry bar to get the a-arms close enough to thread a castle nut on it and even that nut had to be replaced soon after.

I still plan/want to install another leveling kit because I loved how mine looked with it on. I think this time I will go with maybe a Daystar kit and have it professionally installed so if installation causes any issues it's their dime.

I went with 2.5" though because I had read that was the biggest yet safest lift to go. It did add a lot in the way of looks though.

Quick Reply: Leveling kits