Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leveling kit...3” or 3.5”

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 07:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Leveling kit...3” or 3.5”

I’D LIKE TO SEE ANY PICTURES YOU HAVE OF YOUR KITS (3” & 3.5” both) WITHOUT ANY REAR LIFT, IF POSSIBLE, just to help determine which route I want to go.

Hey guys, just bought my first Ford in over 10 years. Found a 2011 ecoboost platinum F-150 with only 37k mileage (pretty nice score if I do say so). Of course I can’t just leave it plain and factory, so first things first will be a leveling kit. I always like my trucks a little higher in the front than the rear and I know a 2.5” won’t cut it. I’m looking at a 3 or 3.5” for the front only. I will also be buying upgraded control arms for alignment and ride purposes regardless of what size I get. So my question is should I get the 3 or 3.5 for my 2011?

Also, I know on my GM and Toyota builds I’ve done, I’ve always installed a differential spacer to help with cv axle angles when lifting the front. Is that necessary for fords? Also saw something about a driveshaft spacer too, what’s that about?

Thank you all in advance, for looking and your replies. GLAD TO BE BACK IN A FORD.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:27 AM

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

You are going to have issues going more than 2.5" as your cvs will not last long. You could do a 2 or 2.5" level and remove the rear block? Just throwing it out there.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:32 AM
Heat Miser

Received 144 Likes on 115 Posts

^^Pretty much what he said, although I'll disagree with the 2.5". I went 2.75" on my '12 Fx4 and the CV angle was okay. Drove it for 40kmi with it that way and never had any probs or excess tire wear.
I definitely wouldn't go above 3" though(and 3 might be pushing it a tad) without going with a true lift(with all the geo correcting pieces)
There's plenty of photos on here from guys who attempted it then freaked out when they saw their UCA angle and posted threads wanting to know WTF happened
Old 06-16-2019, 02:07 AM

Received 964 Likes on 742 Posts

I wouldn't go past 2". The CV and ball joint angles start stacking up beyond that. At 3" you'll have the UCA rubbing the spring and it'll have the Cali lean. It sounds like you'd be far better off with a quality 4" lift.

Quick Reply: Leveling kit...3” or 3.5”