Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kenwood Stereo - help

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Kenwood Stereo - help

Hey everybody, I was wondering if I could get some help. I am about to buy two Kenwood 6x8's to replace the OEM's in the doors of my 98 f150. The part that I am having trouble with is the wattage of the speakers versus the wattage of the stereo. The speakers description states that their power range is from 2-60 watts RMS (240 watts peak power). The face of my stereo shows 50wX4, so I am assuming that each of the four standard speakers would get no more than 50 watts, correct? However, I have two Kenwood 10" speakers pushed by a Kenwood 800 watt amp installed in a homemade box that pretty much covers up the two rear in-cab speakers. So, from the stereo, I fade all of the music of the in-cab speakers to just the front speakers. Does this mean that I will be getting 100wX2, or is the power set at 50 watts per channel no matter how many speakers are actually getting the juice? Did I confuse anyone? Wait maybe I am... Anyway, I just don't want to blow my new 6x8's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

One more thing I wanted to find out, 2-way or 3-way speakers. Which is recommended with my particular set up. I found a 2-way speaker with Freq Response of 25-25,000 Hz and I also found a 3-way speaker with Freq Response of 30-30,000 Hz. What is the difference and which would be better? Anyone know??? Thanks.

Last edited by R.C.E.; 01-19-2007 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No it is 50 watts per channel no matter how you fade it, and tha 50 watts is the stereo's peak power. The 3 way speakers have a louder high treble sound added in with your midrange, I have 2 way's and they sound great. If you are not amplifing the 6x 8's I would just go with the 2 way, you really notice any difference.

Quick Reply: Kenwood Stereo - help